About this job
- Company & location
- QuantumWise A/S, Copenhagen, Denmark
- Closing date
- May 29, 2016
- Last updated
- Apr 26, 2016
QuantumWise A/S is seeking two scientific software developers for quantum simulation applications for our development team in Copenhagen, Denmark.
You will be part of our team of world leading experts in atomic-scale simulations who are developing the Atomistix ToolKit. Your job will be to implement and verify new modules to be used by our many industrial and academic users. The tasks require extensive experience with quantum simulations of solid state systems, in particular density functional theory and talent for software development.
We are looking for a talented individual with strong competences in the areas
- Personal experience with solid state quantum codes
- Strong general background in solid state physics
- General programming skills, in particular Python and c++
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English
The successful applicant
- Is an outstanding individual with strong competences in programming or atomic-scale modelling
- Has a broad set of skills and is ready to apply them to whatever task assigned
- Is dedicated with focus on getting the job done without sacrificing quality
- Is a team player
- Enjoys communicating and helping other people
- Has a positive mindset and is motivated by challenging projects
- Is self-motivated and takes responsibility and initiative
QuantumWise offers you
- A challenging and dynamic work environment
- To have impact on next generation semiconductor technology
- A role in cutting-edge nanotechnology
- To work together with world leading experts and highly competent and motivated team members
- To be part of a company with strong growth and a high potential
- An inspiring work environment and social activities
- Spouse employment assistance programme
- An attractive salary package
The position is permanent and the workplace is in our office in Copenhagen, Denmark.
QuantumWise invites all qualified applicants regardless of personal background, current residence, and nationality to apply for the position – unless export restrictions apply for our software.
For further information, please see our website www.quantumwise.com or contact
Søren Smidstrup (CTO; phone +45 51243628) Kurt Stokbro (CEO; phone +45 51320610)
Who are we?
We love science – and in particular atomic scale simulations. We firmly believe that nano-technology can be an important part of the solution to many of the challenges the world faces today and in the future, and we see atomic scale simulations as an essential tool to explore nanotech.
We want to aid our customers in taking the first steps into and embrace atomic scale simulations, and we want to ensure that they profit from this. We want to create the software platform that bridges the rapid advancement from the research fields into real world successes for our customers and their customers.
We are an organization that attracts the best talents from various fields and different backgrounds. We are pushing one another to constantly reach new limits. For us the joy of work is intrinsic in daily life, while we still have focus on being whole humans with time for an active social life with friends and family, which is important to us.
Deadline: Sunday May 29, 2016
Please label your email: software developer
Your application should include: – A 1–2 page application letter – A short CV (max 3 pages) – A solution to this exercise (link). Applications should be sent by e-mail to no later than Sunday May 29, 2016. Please state in the e-mail where you saw the position.
Starting date for the position is at your earliest convenience, no later than Q1, 2017.
Source: CERN Courier jobs