African Development Bank was established in 1964 as the premier pan-African development institution, promoting economic growth and social progress across the continent. There are 80 member states, including 54 in Africa (Regional Member Countries). African Development Bank development agenda is delivering the financial and technical support for transformative projects that will significantly reduce poverty through inclusive and sustainable economic growth.
For the Bank to sharply focus the goals of the Ten Year Strategy (2013 – 2022) and make sure greater developmental impact, five major areas (High 5s), all of which will accelerate our delivery for Africa, have been identified for scaling up, namely; energy, agro-business, industrialization, integration and improving the quality of life for the people of Africa.
2017 African Development Bank Internship Programme Description
The Participants for this programme are selected on a competitive basis, based on business needs of the Bank’s objectives\
Broad Goals of the program are to
- Provide students with an opportunity to acquire professional and practical experiedyS at the African Development Bank.
- Provide the Bank with a pool of potential candidates for future recruitment purposes.
- However, applicants should not expect the internship to lead to immediate employment with the AfDB.
Terms and conditions
- The fields of study from which interns are selected must be within the job families of the Bank, particularly Economics, Agriculture, Private Sector Development, Human Capital Development (Education and Health), Environment, Finance, Infrastructure Development, Human Resources Management, Information Technology, Communications, Law, Internal Audit, Budget, Governance or any other field of study that the Bank may deem relevant to its operations.
Special consideration shall be given to students who are working on projects that have a direct bearing on the mission of the Bank.
- Internships shall be performed either at the Bank’s headquarters in Abidjan (Côte d’Ivoire) or in any one of the Bank’s field offices or Regional Centres.
African Development Bank Internship Programme Details
Summer – Session: July through December 2017.
– Internships shall be granted to each candidate for not less than three (3) months and not more than six (6) months. The internship is authorised only once for any candidate.
– Interns shall be responsible for their air travel (where applicable) to and from the Bank’s location as well as their upkeep.
- Interns shall be responsible for their medical insurance coverage and for obtaining entry and residence visas in the host country of the Bank.
- Eligible Interns will be provided with a monthly stipend.
To be eligible for the internship, applicants must meet the following criteria
- Students, aged between eighteen (18) to thirty (30) years, and currently enrolled in a Master’s level degree program or its equivalent in a recognised public or private institution of higher learning.
- The candidate can apply for an internship within one (1) year of having obtained such a degree.
Provide a letter from their school confirming their enrollment or a copy of the above-mentioned Degree.
- Citizens of one of the Bank’s member countries.
- Applicants must be fluent in at least one of the Banks’s two working languages (English or French).
Strategic Focus Areas of the African Development Bank Internship Programme
The specific disciplines and specialist professional areas are aligned to the Bank’s Ten-Year Strategy (TYS) and the gender strategy. In addition to the fields that are in the job families of the Bank, focus will be on the following areas
- Power, Energy, Climate and Green Growth;
- Agriculture, Human and Social Development;
- Private Sector, Infrastructure and Industrialisation;
- Economy, Statistics;
- Governance and knowledge Management
- Human Resources and Corporates Services: IT, Language Services, General Service a& Procurement, HR Management
- Audit, Anti-corruption
- Communication & External Relations
- Public Relations
How to apply: Interested and qualified candidates visit the application website for more information on how to complete and send your application
NB: Applicants who fully meet the Bank’s requirements and are considered for the Programme will be contacted. Applicants should send a concise Curriculum Vitae (CV) and any other documents that may be stated as required. The African Development Bank is an equal opportunities employer. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
You can also read: 2017 Nigeria LNG Limited Graduate Trainee Operator