Our client has an exciting opportunity available for a Nursery Chef to join the team based in Aigburth. Working on a part time, permanent basis working 30 hours per week, the successful Nursery Chef will receive a competitive salary.
Their award-winning children’s nursery in Aigburth is expanding with new nurseries opening soon!
They are looking for people to join their team who share their passion and desire to inspire young minds – are you interested?
More about the Nursery Chef role
Work in partnership with senior management team to ensure the preparation of a balanced and healthy diet for children at the nursery adhering to the company’s policies and procedures, in compliance with the Chartered Institute of Environmental Health Food Safety and within the guidelines of Ofsted and the National Standards
Key Responsibilities of the Nursery Chef will include:
– Support the aims, ethos and objectives of the Nursery Group.
– Collaborate with the nursery manager to plan and develop a suitably balanced rotating menu taking into account such factors as seasonal availability of ingredients and dietary and cultural requirements of the children.
– Liaise effectively in stock ordering and budget control to maintain correct stock levels, ensuring rotation of stock.
– Prepare and cook food in accordance with the daily menus for special functions
– Prevent cross contamination of food and food products in line with food hygiene regulations.
– Ensure timing and delivery of foods are within the specified time slots allocated and correctly served.
– Ensure that the correct food is identified and served to children with allergies and/or special requirements as notified to you by the nursery management.
– Ensure that food is covered during storage, prior to serving and during transportation to the rooms.
– Requisition food and ingredients to ensure smooth operation of the function and store and dispose of food in line with operational requirements and food hygiene regulations.
– Monitor and record in writing the temperature of fridge and freezers on a daily basis and retain for specified period.
– Record temperatures of high risk food at the time of delivery and cooking in writing and retain for specified period.
– Ensure that all food is stored and served at the temperature required by the Chartered Institute of Environmental Health Food Safety.
– Ensure that kitchen and equipment is kept suitably clean at all times including, walls, floors and trolleys to transport food.
– Ensuring the effective and regular removal of waste
– Wash and sterilise on a daily basis all crockery, cutlery and cooking utensils.
– Ensure that the kitchen environment is cleaned down in preparation for the following day in line with Nursery policy and procedures.
– Attend meetings where appropriate which may be out of hours including staff meetings, training and other events.
– Understand and follow the company’s policies and procedures, specifically Child Protection, Safeguarding and Welfare, Health and Safety and Employment Policies and all other relevant, subordinate legislation.
– Please note this position is reliant on obtaining an enhanced DBS check.
What makes you the perfect Nursery Chef?
The ideal applicant will have the below competencies:
– Foundation Food Hygiene Certificate
– Be prepared to undertake professional development as required.
– Experience in catering for children with a variety of different dietary requirements.
– Experience in meal preparation and cooking.
– Experience of working within and having responsibility for implementing the current legislative requirements with regard to the kitchen.
– Experience in meal presentation, planning menus and accurate stock control.
– Experience of complying with the Safer Food Better Business regulations and familiarity with the associated paperwork.
– An understanding of healthy eating and the principles of five a day.
– To be able to demonstrate the safe and effective use of equipment and cleansing products.
– Knowledge of Health and Safety issues and high standards of cleanliness.
– A clear understanding of the importance of confidentiality.
Desirable Qualifications required of their Nursery Chef
– City and Guilds 706/1 and 706/2 or NVQ 2/3
If you would like to join their team as their new Nursery Chef then please click ‘Apply’ today, they’d love to hear from you!
Source: Telegraph.co.uk Jobs