A FinTech company that is changing the international payments landscape is looking for an exceptional talent to join their rapidly growing team. They currently have over 70 employees based at their central London based startup.
Role Objectives for the QA Automation Engineer:
QA Testing and Automation Engineers are responsible for the quality of the system that they produce. They need to work in conjunction with the business analysts to understand what enhancements are being made to the system as well as working with the developers to understand the implementation of their requirements. Testing and quality is a team effort, but the QA should focus on keeping these standards high in the team. You will have a specific focus on ruby test automation being able to offer advice, strategy and direction to the test team on these issues.
You will be hands on with these tasks and also overseeing this type of testing across the team. You will have excellent test design skills and experience, passion for building robust test coverage and helping the team mitigate business and technical risks in every release cycle.
- Maintenance & extension of existing ruby based test framework
- Take ownership of the testing and quality inside of your team
- Engage with the business analysts, developers and development team lead to understand requirements of each system change
- Ensure acceptance criteria for issues are clear and understood before work begins
- Actively take initiative to find answers, consulting with the business and teammates to identify all facets of an issue and generate a solution
- Ensure that regression testing is cleared with each release
- Enhance and support the automation test suite and framework
- Perform any manual testing that is required
- Manage all defects through to closure
Desired Skills and Experience:
- At least 4 years working experience with ruby test automation
- Excellent working knowledge of Ruby or any other Object Oriented programming language
- Working in an Agile, Scrum, Kanban, BDD, TDD environment on a Web or API delivered product
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Hands on experience with Cucumber (Gherkin), RSpec, Selenium, Watir or similar
- Good experience with JMeter, LoadRunner or any other load generation tools
- Experience working with and configuring a Continuous Integration environment like Jenkins/Hudson or similar
- Use of defect management tools such as JIRA
- Experience of using source control systems like GIT
- ISEB/ISTQB Certified Tester Foundation level or above
It would be great if you had:
- Computer Science degree or equivalent
- Experience in a Financial Services environment or similar, where the product needs to have a high level of quality
- Experience with performance testing and security testing
If this sounds like you and you’re looking to join a company that offers Health, dental, and vision benefits for you and your family as well as a competitive pension scheme and free team lunches every Friday, then get in touch!
Source: Telegraph.co.uk Jobs