Legal Officer: Head Office Job at APA Insurance, Kenya
- This position is responsible for effective resolution of claims and offering legal advice, opinions and guidance to all stakeholders.
Legal Officer Job Primary Responsibilities
- Receiving judgments and recommending for approval on whether to settle or appeal;
- Raising and approving payments per set guidelines;
- Seeking reimbursement of our share of co-insurance from other insurance companies;
- Participating in reserving by ensuring that the funds set aside on each and every file are sufficient to cater for any claims that may arise in regard to that claim;
- Instructing our advocates on recovery of sums due;
- Processing of third party claims to ensure that both internal and external clients are attended to within the TAT;
- Preparing legal opinions or legal insight after research on various matters;
- Appointing of advocates and tracers both for defense and recovery;
- Following up to ensure court attendance by witnesses;
- Participating in company CSR and brand building activities in liaison with other departments.
- Bachelor’s degree in Law or an equivalent.
- Diploma In Legal Practice as an added advantage
Experience for Legal Officer Job
- At least 4 year relevant experience
Skills and Attributes
- Teamwork skills
Interpersonal and communication skills
Ability to meet deadlines
If you wish to apply for this position, please email a detailed CV and cover letter to email@example.com demonstrating why you would be the ideal candidate against the stated roles, responsibilities, knowledge, experience, and personal competencies.
The deadline for applications is 10th May 2016.
Source: Career Point Kenya