The British Association of Behavioural Cognitive Psychotherapies is the lead organisation for Cognitive Behavioural Therapy in the UK and Ireland. It was established over 40 years ago, and has grown to include a membership of more than 10,000.
We are recruiting a Senior Finance Officer to join our team of twenty staff operating at our Bury head office. Here, you will play a key role as a senior staff member in helping the organisation continue to grow.
As Senior Finance Officer you will have responsibility for leading two finance staff as well as supporting the Honorary Treasurer and Finance Committee, whilst reporting to the Company Secretary. You will lead the finance function through the management of accurate and timely reporting, through good practice and fresh ways of working and contributing fully to the ongoing success of the organisation.
The successful candidate will understand how to ensure small office teams are highly effective, the context of operating in the charity sector and fully appreciate the requirements of supporting a growing membership organisation. You will have strong communication skills, a sound knowledge and experience of good financial practice, a commitment to bringing about positive change and effective well-rounded office skills.
You will be energetic, committed and passionate about how finance can support an organisation travelling on an upward trajectory.
For further details and to apply, you can access further details via the accompanying document “SFO-Supporting-Information”.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Servicing Finance Committee and regular liaison with Honorary Treasurer
- Producing timely monthly management accounts and departmental financial reports
- Managing the Accounts Clerk and Accounts Assistant
- Ensuring timely and accurate Payroll operations, record keeping and reporting
- Administering BABCP staff pension scheme
- Managing General Ledger journals, including wages journal, and accurate financial data entry on all relevant systems
- Preparing VAT quarter and ensuring timely statutory returns
- Liaising with external stakeholders as necessary, as bankers, auditors and advisors
- Paying regular supplier bills and ensuring statements are reconciled
- Monitoring of investments and reporting on performance
- Monitoring bank accounts, managing cashflow and undertaking timely reconciliations
- Overseeing petty cash
- Co-ordinating the annual internal financial policy audit and the financial year end and external audit, ensuring the organisation abides by relevant legislation and statute
- Preparing, monitoring and reporting performance against the annual budget and any longer term financial plans
- Overseeing and reporting on income and expenditure and to support business planning and development
- Reporting on external financial issues that might impact on the organisation and offering appropriate advice
- Ensuring – in close cooperation with the Company Secretary and Honorary Treasurer – that financial policy is adhered to
- Producing regular office document management workflow reports
- Undertaking other reasonable duties commensurate with this post, as required
Source: TheGuardian Jobs