Banana Crumble Muffins are loaded with banana flavor that is only heightened by the addition of a sweet and cinnamon crumb topping. The Banana Crumble Muffins are perfect for breakfast, a mid morning snack, or in any case, a last night’s dinner. The crumble will add a slightly crunchy, sweet element to a moist and delicious muffin, perfect along a steaming cup of coffee or tall glass of milk.
Banana Crumble Muffins Recipes
– 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour crumble muffins
– 1 teaspoon baking soda
– 1 teaspoon baking powder
– 1/2 teaspoon salt
– 3 bananas, mashed
– 3/4 cup white sugar
– 1 egg, lightly beaten
– 1/3 cup butter, melted
– 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
– 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
– 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
– 1 tablespoon butter
Banana Crumble Muffins Preparation
– Pre heat oven to 375 degrees F and lightly grease a standard size muffin tin (will make 10-11 muffins)
– Prepare flax egg in a large mixing bowl. Let set for 5 minutes.
– Add banana and mash, leaving just a bit of texture.
– Add brown sugar, baking soda, salt and whisk for one minute.
– Stir in vanilla, melted butter and mix.
– Add flour and oats and stir with a spoon or spatula until just joined. Lastly, fold in walnuts (optional).
– Divide batter evenly among 10-11 muffin tins, filling a generous 3/4 full (I fill mine practically full for aesthetic effect).
– Quickly wipe your mixing bowl and add crumble ingredients. Prepare crumble top by mashing ingredients together with a fork until crumbly like wet sand. Generously top muffins with streusel. You should have leftovers.
– Bake for 17-22 minutes or until tops are golden brown and a toothpick or knife comes out clean. Let cool for a few minutes, remove from muffin tin and serve warm. Once the Crumble Muffins completely cooled, store in a covered container at room temp for several days, freeze for longer term storage.