The overall objective of the Chief Information Technology Auditor is to provide independent and objective assurance and consulting and advisory services in compliance with established professional internal auditing standards with a strong focus on IT activities of the Bank. The Chief Information Technology Auditor leads an audit team of auditors and audit assistants in performing complex audits and advisory/consulting services with strong focus on Information Technology.
The Office of the Auditor General provides independent, objective assurance and consulting services designed to add value and improve the Bank’s operations. It also assists the Bank to accomplish its strategic objectives by bringing a systematic and disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of risk management, control, and governance processes.
The Office of the Auditor General is responsible for planning, organising, directing and controlling a broad, comprehensive program of auditing and consulting/advisory services both internally and externally including, without limitation, all projects and programs of the Bank group.
Chief Information Technology Auditor Duties and responsibilities
- Lead Audit Team / Plan to conduct audits of highly diversified Bank-wide activities or operations relating to the financial, administrative and operational functions with strong focus on Information Technology activities of the Bank
- Plan audits and determines audit objectives, scope, criteria, methodology to be used as well as staff and budget resources required to ensure that the audit adequately covers the selected area of the Bank’s operations, activities, systems and controls with a strong focus on Information Technology.
Decide on the applicable audit approach and techniques that will facilitate the conduct of the audit and prepare the Terms of Reference for the Manager/Auditor General’s approval.
Prepare Audit Programme or modify existing ones (if any), to ensure a systematic approach to the audit and ensure that the scope of the audit is fully covered.
- Conduct the field work by collecting data, documents and information, testing and analysing such information, identifying weaknesses, causes and effects of variances, errors, non-compliance with rules, regulations, policies, procedures, etc.
Supervise and reviews the work performed by other Auditors and Consultants to ensure that audit objectives are achieved, working papers adequately support the findings, conclusions and recommendations and the report is accurate, objective, clear, concise, constructive and timely.
Lead Audit Missions to Member Countries’ organisations, Project Executing Agencies and Sites to conduct audit and advice on compliance with Bank Rules, Regulations, Policies and Procedures to improve project implementation.
- Select and present, and discuss audit findings of particularly great impact or recommendations for major changes in procedures, work for flow or organisation, with concerned Managers and Directors to obtain their agreement.
Monitor and assess the adequacy of action taken by auditee departments to correct reported deficient conditions, conferring with Managers and Directors to ensure appropriate corrective measures are taken.
Prepare the Preliminary Audit Report containing observations, conclusions and recommendations to tighten controls, safeguard the assets or image of the Bank, improve working procedures and ensure that resources are efficiently utilised, under the supervision of the Manager for transmission to the Auditor General.
- Prepare the Final Internal Audit Report after incorporating the comments of the auditee Departments under the supervision of the Manager for transmission to the Auditor General.
Propose and prepare broad audit guidelines, manual, procedures and standards for internal audit activities to ensures consistency of audit approach, independence, objectivity, professional proficiency and due care.
Review Bank Group’s new Rules, Regulations, Policies and Procedures, as well as, proposed changes to existing ones to ensure that adequate controls are incorporated therein.
- Give advice to other Departments and Committees on matters relating to internal control, an audit of project accounts, procedures, financial, management, operational issues to facilitate their decision-making processes.
Train, direct and counsel less experienced Internal Auditors in the performance of audit assignments to ensure compliance with audit procedures, proficiency and time schedules.
Coordinate the External Quality Assurance Reviews usually conducted by External Auditors or Institute of External Auditors or Internal Audit Department of a Multilateral Development Bank, to facilitate their work by collecting all the data, documents, information requested by all Departments, sending survey questionnaires to all Directors, arranging and attending their meetings with Directors and Top Management, reading and commenting on their draft Reports.
- A minimum of a Master’s degree or its equivalent in Audit, Finance, Accounting, Business Administration.
- A minimum of seven (7) years of auditing experience in an internationally recognised professional accounting firm or an international Financial Institution including 3 years in leading teams of the auditor.
Sound knowledge and auditing experience of treasury Information Technology products and information systems such as SAP Net Weaver system, Enterprise Risk Management, Integrated Audit Approach.
A professional certification, such as CISA, CIA, CISSP, or CISM and experience with computer-assisted audit tools is a plus
- Ability to deal with sensitive issues in a multi-cultural environment and to build effective working relations with colleagues
Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines while ensuring quality and exceeding client expectations.
Ability to apply international audit standards to deliver quality audit report in line with the Bank’s strategy needs/situation
- Ability to communicate effectively (written and oral) in English or French, with a working knowledge of the other language.
How to apply: Interested and qualified candidates for the Chief Information Technology Auditor job should visit the application website for more information