The Chartered Institution of Building Services Engineers (CIBSE) supports the Science, Art and Practice of building services engineering, by providing its members and the public with first class information and education services. CIBSE promotes the career of building services engineers by accrediting courses of study in further and higher education, by approving workbased training programmes and providing routes to full professional Registration and Membership, including Chartered Engineer, Incorporated Engineer and Engineering Technician. Once qualified, CIBSE offers a range of services, all focussed on maintaining and enhancing professional excellence throughout a career.
Membership & Accreditation Coordinator
CIBSE are looking for a dynamic and forward thinking individual to join the membership team as a membership and accreditation coordinator to develop relationships with universities and companies.
This is a busy and varied role in the membership team providing support for the Institution’s activities in relation to developing links with colleges and universities, the accreditation of university courses and the approval of company training and development schemes.
This role requires travel across the UK including occasional overnight stays for accreditation and company visits. Accreditation visits outside the UK may be required.
- To be the main point of contact on academic accreditation within CIBSE
- To develop relationships with the major players in the UK academic community and organise and undertake a programme of accreditation visits;
- To build strong relationships with senior academics and engineers from industry who are involved in the accreditation process;
- To manage the full process which leads to accreditation decisions and act as secretary to the accreditation panel;
- To ensure that appropriate guidance and advice is given and that all guidance documents and information on the CIBSE website is up to date and relevant;
- To develop relationships with international universities in conjunction with the International & Regions Coordinator
- To develop and operate systems to report on the progress and the results of the accreditation activities
- To organise training events for the accreditation panel as required; R
- Represent CIBSE at meetings of the Engineering Accreditation Board.
Liaison with Universities and Colleges
- To manage a schedule of visits to universities and colleges and to give presentations to students and promote membership of CIBSE.
- To develop relationships with the UK and international academic institutions to promote CIBSE membership and encourage students to join.
- Proactively research new educational programmes related to Building Services Engineering and follow-up with contact with college/university regarding accreditation or other opportunities for a relationship with CIBSE.
- Develop working relationships with university staff and student representatives and provide relevant advice on the educational requirements for membership and Engineering Council registration.
- Update relevant sections on the CIBSE website.
Training & Development
- To manage the Training & Development scheme approval process, trainee registrations and submissions
- To ensure all documentation relating to the T&D process is up to date and relevant;
- To provide statistical information as required to the Director of Membership
- To proactively liaise with companies who may be interested in registering as a Training & Development scheme provider;
- To organise training events for the training and development panel and/or companies on the training and development scheme
The ideal candidate will be educated to degree level and have experience in working in a professional membership organisation or in the FE or HE sector. Candidates need to have experience of report writing and or writing minutes and agendas, be self motivated and able to use their own initiative. Candidates should have excellent attention to detail. They will be required to work on their own, as well as part of the team, and travel to meet key contacts at universities and companies so need to be confident in their approach, and able to build and develop relationships with key stakeholders.
If you are looking to take the next step in your career or looking to use your current skills and experience in a diverse and rewarding role then please get in touch, please send a CV and covering letter detailing your key experience and why you are interested in the role via the button below.
Source: TheGuardian Jobs