The International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement is the largest humanitarian network in the world. Its mission is to alleviate human suffering, protect life and health, and uphold human dignity especially during armed conflicts and other emergencies. It is present in every country and supported by millions of volunteers.
Cooperation Secretary (Organizational Development)
- Assists the Cooperation Delegate in the day to day secretarial and administrative tasks
- Ensures other related duties are carried out effectively and efficiently at the newly established office at the Nigerian Red Cross Society HQ in Abuja, in order to significantly contribute to the organisational development of the Nigerian Red Cross Society as per the agreed Plan of Action
- Responsible for the electronic and paper filing of departmental messages and archiving, semi-current and current files for the cooperation department.
- Maintains a daily office diary.
- Maintains an accurate office monthly and yearly planner.
- Updates and maintains NRCS HQ and Branch Structural charts (organograms)
- Organizes and follows up on the maintenance and repairs of the office and equipment through ICRC Premises and NRCS person(s) responsible
- Technical Certificate in Secretarial, Administration or equivalent field/training in Secretarial/Administration
- 1-3 years working experience in Secretarial/Admin field
- Excellent command of written and spoken English
- Excellent computer skills, especially Excel and Microsoft Word
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- Confidential, rigorous and trustful person
- Meticulous and paying attention to detail
- High organisational skills
- Polite and with self-control
- Patience and diplomatic
- Solution and results oriented
Method of Application
Persons interested and qualified should send application letter, curriculum vitae and contact details of three referees to ABJ_Recruitment_Services@icrc.org
Please clearly indicate “Cooperation Secretary (OD)” as the subject of your application
(Applications intended for this role without this subject will not be treated)
The deadline for the submission of applications will be 13.05.2016, 16:30 h. Late application will not be considered
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
However, ICRC will not request for any monetary payments from applicants at any stage of the recruitment process.
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organisation whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance.
For more information about the ICRC, please visit our website www.icrc.org
Source: MyJobMag Job Feeds