Vykin Corporation is looking for an experienced TS/SCI cleared Cyber Incident Handler to join our team in Kuwait. We are a small defense contracting company that is veteran owned servicing the US Department of Defense. The successful candidate will receive competitive wages, health plans and the opportunity to join a small company that still believes every employee counts.
Vykin Corporation is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and strives to comply with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination based on race, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, marital status, HIV-positive status, as well as any other category protected by federal, state, or local laws. All such discrimination is unlawful and all persons involved in the operations of the company are prohibited from engaging in this type of conduct.
A Cyber Incident Handler will be Cyber handling and responding to various security incidents such as network security incidents, malicious code incidents, and insider attack threats, Will handle various types of incidents, risk assessment methodologies, and various laws and policies related to incident handling.
Cyber Incident Handler Responsibilities
- Support cybersecurity operations by coordinating defensive cyberspace operations during critical and high-volume events in accordance with established policies and best practices.
- Guide tier one and regional cyber responders on proper handling of cybersecurity incidents.
- Coordinate efforts of regional cyber defense teams and give timely updates to senior leaders.
- Provide recommendations to leaders and cyber responders as required.
Qualifications/Minimum Educational Requirement
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology with a minimum of three (3) years of host or network incident response experience.
- DoD 8570 IAT Level II certifications (e.g. CompTIA Security+)
- An active in-scope TS/SCI clearance
- CEH OR GCIH certification
- Ability to support a rotating shift
Knowledge, Skills, & Experience
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience in network security.
- Experience with using event escalation and reporting procedures and supporting network investigations
- Experience with working in a 24/7 SOC environment
- Experience in managing cases with enterprise SIEM and logging systems
- Knowledge of TCP/IP communications and how common protocols and applications work at the network level
Knowledge of network monitoring, analysis, troubleshooting, and configuration control technologies
- Ability to learn and work in a dynamic environment
- Ability to prove analytical ability, strict attention to detail, critical thinking, logic, and solution orientation, and learn and adapt quickly
- Possession of excellent oral and written communication skills
The Cyber Incident Handler work will typically be performed in an office environment, which requires normal safety precautions; work may need some physical effort in the handling of light materials, boxes or equipment. The work location is a government facility on a military installation in Kuwait supporting a DoD customer. The successful applicant will be working for and reporting directly to the prime contractor or the DoD customer as proper.
How to apply: Interested and qualified candidates should visit the application website for more information