Assistant Director of Medical Services Employment At Busia County In Kenya
Senior Assistant Director of Medical Services, Job Group ‘Q’, five (5) Positions
Work at this level involves management of health care services at the Sub-County level or in a referral health services set-up.
Assistant Director of Medical Services Job Responsibilities
At this level the officer is responsible for;
- Organization and management of a framework of health delivery system in a referral hospital or a sub county hospital within the county;
- Planning and implementation of specific projects and programmes related to the various areas of health care including curative, preventive and promotive services, provision of epidemiological surveillance on diseases and conditions obtaining within the county and developing strategies for prevention or eradication of these conditions and diseases;
- Participation in the overall planning in the county, contributing specifically to planning for health services in the area of jurisdiction;
- Provision of health care services in the various disciplines in medicine, surgery, dentistry and other organized specialties at the sub county hospital and county referral hospitals;
- Provide professional guidance and training to doctors, dentists and health personnel working under him to ensure maintenance of the highest standards of health care in the hospital; and
- May administer and manage specified sections of health services at the Department headquarters.
Requirements For Assistant Director of Medical Services Jobs
For appointment to this grade, the candidate must have;
- Masters degree in any of the following disciplines; Medicine, Surgery, Dentistry and other relevant specialties from a recognized institution;
- Registration Certificate issued by the Kenya Medical Practitioners & Dentistry Board;
- Served at the level of Assistant Director of Medical Services for a minimum period of three years in this specialty;
- Demonstrated administrative capabilities and an acceptable degree of professional competence;
- Must be a Kenyan Citizen; and
- Demonstrate understanding of the commitment of the National values and principles of Public Service
- Governance as espoused in the Constitution of Kenya 2010, Article 10 and 232.
Terms of service:
- Permanent and pensionable
How To Apply
Busia County is an equal Opportunity Employer. Persons With Disabilities (PWD), Women, Youth and Minority Groups are encouraged to apply.
Applications should reach the undersigned on or before 13th May, 2016.
County Public Service Board,
Private Bag – 50400,
Hand delivered applications should be submitted to the County Public Service Board offices, Port Victoria Plaza, 2nd Floor, next to the Ministry of Energy along Hospital Road (1km from Farmiew Hotel).
Source: Career Point Kenya