Engineering Facultative Underwriter – East Africa Job at HRBP Solutions, Kenya
We are currently recruiting for our client a Leading International Re – Insurance Company.
Engineering Facultative Underwriter – East Africa Job Responsibilities
- Develop and maintain contacts in the construction, financial and engineering insurance industries to development business in East Africa.
- To maintain the highest standard of technical competence in the field of Facultative Engineering Underwriting and Pricing with a view to presenting terms to the market after agreement for binding from Johannesburg which will generate the agreed financial returns on business written.
- Market and Underwrite Reinsurance for major projects, e.g. Construction and Erection for projects for approval at HQ .
- To monitor the performance of the Engineering portfolio and put forward recommendations to the Underwriting Manager in the interest of rehabilitation should it ever be necessary.
- To find creative tailor-made Facultative reinsurance solutions to meet our customers’ needs – “can do mind set”
- Conduct engineering seminars (engineering basic course, and workshops for clients and staff).
- To understand the Underwriting Authorities and Acceptance Limits and apply to business.
- Actively promote, market and price offered engineering facultative business in the region in support of own markets for the Underwriting Manager.
- Apply insurance knowledge in order to assess potential exposure and to market all classes of short-term Facultative Reinsurance business with special emphasis on engineering.
- Maintain exceptional service delivery to customers and develop Engineering Facultative portfolio in the region.
- Produce a business plan detailing a strategy that will be pursued to acquire business targets.
- Attain own premium / result targets set by Manager.
- Provide Centre of Competence for Engineering business within the the Group and in time serve on expert groups.
- Risk Assessment and Risk Management when required for Engineering & Fire Business as well as Claims.
Qualification for Engineering Underwriter Job
- BSC Engineering,plus 5yrs practical field experience
- Sound technical underwriting abilities with Engineering Insurance policies know-how
- Reinsurance experience would be an added advantage
- Insurance and Reinsurance market Intelligence
- Preparedness to travel
- Analytical skills
How To Apply
Please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject to firstname.lastname@example.org before 10th MAY 2016
Indicate your current salary and notice period.
Source: Career Point Kenya