The International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement is the largest humanitarian network in the world. Its mission is to alleviate human suffering, protect life and health, and uphold human dignity especially during armed conflicts and other emergencies. It is present in every country and supported by millions of volunteers.
First Aid & Physical Rehabilitation Programs Field Officer
- Ensures that casualties during emergencies receive a timely, impartial and effective immediate assistance by responders acting in security, guided by basic humanitarian values and principles, and part of an effective emergency response system adapted to needs and local realities.
- Facilitates the implementation, monitoring and follow up of the ICRC/NRCS First Aid program Borno and Yobe states in line with the developed frame including financial and security stipulations.
- Liaises with the mobile surgical team during joint mass casualty exercises/management and other emergencies along with other ICRC departments whenever relevant
- Be the liaison person for PRP, ensures that persons with disabilities are identified in the ICRC supported hospitals, PHCs as well as in the communities. In coordination with the P&O specialist in Kano organize their referral to NOHD-Kano
- Contribute to implement and monitor the FA program including analysis of outcomes
- Coordinates, facilitates and provides FA training for the communities, armed forces and other weapon bearers and selected groups participating in the training
- Collaborates with NRCS to ensure a coherent standardised and quality First Aid program is being presented to the participants.
- Actively participates in the collection, analysis and reporting of data in relation to the First Aid program.
- Good knowledge in FA or health university degree
- 3-4 years professional experience in similar field activity
- Ability to create a focused learning environment at all levels and to adapt teaching to different audiences
- Experience in community based health programs and outreach activities. Knowledge about People with Disabilities (PWD) would be an asset.
- Good command of written and spoken Kanuri, English and Hausa
- Good computer skills, good command of standard software and knowledge of internet search
- Good knowledge of geographically assigned environment
- Good analytical skills and Capacity to apply ICRC rules and procedure
- Strongly motivated by humanitarian work
- Solid communication skills as the position involves teaching First Aid skills to different audiences as well as communication with PWD, community members and leaders, National Society members and other stakeholders.
- Solution and objective oriented, organized, methodical and flexible personality, ability to work independently and within a team, very good analytical skills
- Ability to travel in all parts of the country
- Ability to work under pressure and in a hazardous environment
Method of Application
Persons interested and qualified should send application letter, curriculum vitae and contact details of three referees to ABJ_Recruitment_Services@icrc.org
Please clearly indicate “Cooperation Secretary (OD)” as the subject of your application
(Applications intended for this role without this subject will not be treated)
The deadline for the submission of applications will be 13.05.2016, 16:30 h. Late application will not be considered
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
However, ICRC will not request for any monetary payments from applicants at any stage of the recruitment process.
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organisation whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance.
For more information about the ICRC, please visit our website www.icrc.org
Source: MyJobMag Job Feeds