Ad posted on : 04/04/2016
Desired start date : May 2016
Location : Clichy La Garenne
For over 35 years, the humanitarian aid organization SOLIDARITÉS INTERNATIONAL has been committed to providing aid in the event of conflicts and natural disasters. Our mission is to provide aid as quickly and as efficiently as possible to endangered populations by meeting their vital needs: access to drinking water, food and shelter. SOLIDARITÉS INTERNATIONAL is particularly committed to fighting water-related diseases, the primary cause of death in the world today. Drawing on their expertise, our teams developed and carried out aid programs in the fields of water, sanitation and hygiene, as well as in the essential domains of food security and reconstruction. Active in around twenty countries the SI teams – 2000 people in total made up of expatriates, national employees, permanent headquarter-based staff and volunteers … – operate with professionalism and commitment, respecting local customs and cultures.
About the mission
Conjunctly to launching its emergency desk, SOLIDARITES INTERNATIONAL (SI) is looking to reinforce the response capacity on its existing missions.
To cope with its substantial needs in experienced collaborators, SI initiated various mobilisation mechanisms such as a Field Support Team (FST).
The FST pool will be made up of multidisciplinary resources, including Head of mission, Administrative coordinator, and Program coordinator competencies. Members of the FST will be required to mobilise 90% of their time on missions lasting between 2 weeks up to 3 months, according to the following needs:
- Covering of strategic gaps and technical support to develop existing missions (1 to 3 months)
- Assessment, opening of bases, and program support within existing missions (2 weeks to 1,5 months)
- Assessment and opening of new missions (2 weeks to 1,5 months)
- Support to headquarters’ desks as well as the technical department.
As a headquarter delegate, they represent the former throughout their deployments, and are therefore key members in carrying SI’s mandate and procedures in their assigned missions.
Functioning and organization chart
The FST members answer to the missions’ support needs through the 4 geographical desks of SI. Their deployment is under the supervision of the Director of Operations. When they are deployed, they work under the responsibility of the Head of Mission or the concerned desk.
About the position :
The Administrative and Financial Coordinator (AFC) will have to lead and coordinate administrative, accounting and financial services of the mission.
As a coordinator, he/she will be responsible for financial equilibrium of the mission, as well as ensuring that SI’s and donors’ procedures and legislation within the country of intervention are respected and followed.
He/she is referent on the mission and makes the link between HQ and the mission regarding all considerations related to administrative and financial management, accounting and budget monitoring.
He/she may also have to – alternatively – cover Logistics Coordinator’s functions. Previous experience in logistics is therefore required.
Responsibilities and principal activities of this position / Main list of tasks :
Under the supervision of the head of mission and with an operational link with the HQ Administrator, the Administrative and Financial coordinator will be in charge of the following tasks:
- Analysing of the socio-economic conditions
- Team management
- Financial, accounting and budget management
- Administrative management of the mission
- Cash management
The FST AFC supervises the financial coordination team and the expatriates in charge of administrative and financial management on the bases within the country of intervention
Your profile :
Educational background :
- Financial management diploma, graduate business school, accounting, Bioforce admin is a plus, as well as a logistical training/degree.
- Significant professional experience as an administrative and financial coordinator of more than 2 years with Solidarités International or another NGO is needed.
Pre-existing logistical experience (logistics coordinator or logistics manager on a base) of a minimum of 1 year with Solidarités International or another NGO is needed.
Competencies and technical knowledge :*
About the administrative aspects
- Saga and Homère software
- Team management capability
- Training of multicultural team capability
- High mastering of Excel
- Knowledge of logistical procedures and major humanitarian logistics functioning principles
About the logistics aspects
- Purchasing management
- Inventory management
- Team management
Solidarités commits to coaching the successful candidate about the specific tasks of the position of logistical coordinator.
- Ability to teach
- Organisational skills and rigour
- Great working capability
- Tolerance to stress
- Calm and patient
- French and English required.
SI will offer the following conditions :
- Position based at SI’s HQ in Clichy
- Permanent contract, manager position.
- Taxable monthly salary of 2800 €
- Restaurant vouchers (60% covered by SI),
- Insurance while in France : insurance for health and contingency (80% covered by SI)
- Insurance while on the field : insurance for health, contingency, repatriation, and liability (100% covered by SI)
- 12 days of Time Worked Reduction days (“RTT”) per year, 5 weeks of paid leaves, and 1 compensation day per weekend spent on the field
- Considerations for working away from HQ outside of deployments (10%) can be negotiated.
To get to know Solidarités International better: www.solidarites.org
Source: ReliefWeb Jobs