The International Union Against Tuberculosis and Lung Disease (The Union) is an international scientific organisation headquartered in Paris, France, with regional and country offices in Africa, Asia Pacific, Europe, Latin America, North America and South-East Asia regions. Its mission is to bring innovation, expertise, solutions and support to address health challenges in low- and middle-income populations. With nearly 15,000 members and subscribers from 150 countries, The Union’s scientific departments focus on tuberculosis, HIV, tobacco control, lung health and non-communicable diseases, and research. Each department engages in research, provides technical assistance and offers training and other capacity-building activities leading to health solutions for the poor. For more information about The Union visit www.theunion.org
The Union is seeking for a Conference Administrator, who will provide administrative support for special initiatives and external engagement in partner meetings and summits. He / She will also assist in future conference planning and provide support to the regional conferences.
· Project management of special initiatives from inception to closure
· Maintenance of events databases
· Liaise with the in-house Travel and Logistics services
· Update and administration of the events websites
· Proofreading of events documents/publications
· Campaign and event promotion coordination with the communications department
· Follow-up of post-event finance and accounting
· Support of the Conferences and summits Director
· Other duties as assigned
· Minimum 2 years working experience, preferably in an international environment
· Minimum Bac +3, and or university degree or diploma in communications or related field
· Fluent in oral and written English, and proficiency in French and Spanish would be an advantage.
· Experience in an events role preferred or working with customers and/or the general public.
· Cross-cultural, positive attitude and excellent communication skills at all levels.
· Grace under pressure.
· Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, often with conflicting demands.
· Excellent planning and organisation skills.
Source: ReliefWeb Jobs