Position: Operations Microfinance Intern
Location: Paris, France
Duration: 6 months
Starting from: 01/07/2016
I. Job Description:
About the organization
OXUS is committed to protecting and improving the lives of its clients while achieving solid financial results. Its 956 staff members worldwide are proud to offer adapted and socially oriented financial services to populations who are often excluded from the traditional banking system.
In 10 years, OXUS went from a EUR 1m humanitarian program to a structured group of EUR 37.8m gross loan portfolio serving more than 60 000 customers in four countries : Tajikistan, Afghanistan, Kyrgyzstan and the Democratic Republic of Congo.
OXUS Development Network is OXUS network’s headquarters, based in Paris, France.
About the job
The trainee will work with the Operation Department. ODN is located in Paris. The trainee will be located in Paris, and could do short-term missions in Central Asia or Africa.
He/she will be under the responsibility of the Operation Department, which is composed of the COO, 1 senior operation expert, 2 operation experts, 2 IT officers and 2 interns.
Depending on profile and business needs during the intership, the intern will support OXUS group Operation Department, regarding selected issues amongst the following:
- Support preparing and following-up alternative delivery channels and mobile financial services pilot projects in the OXUS group;
- Assistance in the development and launch of new products and services, and in particular deposit services;
- Support in consolidating, harmonizing and improving credit-risk monitoring approaches;
Support to the implementation of the new core banking system, in two affiliates, by:
Reviewing the quality of the documents produced at the level of the affiliate;
Preparing User Acceptance Test and training materials;
Assistance in the harmonization and optimization of the credit process;
Participation to the observation of good practices and innovations;
- Update and development of the competitive intelligence for each affiliate’s country;
- Support of OXUS’s affiliates on any other urgent matter, related to operations.
III. Qualifications and skills required:
- Master’s degree or equivalent from management, finance or engineering school;
- Strong analytical skills;
- Capacity to organize and moderate a meeting;
- Interest in microfinance, Central Asia and/or the DRC;
- Fluency in English and French is a prerequisite;
- Good knowledge of MS Excel;
- Russian speaker would be a plus.
· 6 months
· Gross remuneration per month: 15%PMSS
· 50% of transports ans tickets restaurants are refunded
Source: ReliefWeb Jobs