Gilead is a Limited Liability Pharmaceutical Company Registered in Uganda in 1999. The company has both a retail and and Import, distribution division; the former has a large network of retail outlets in Uganda.
Job Title: Health & Safety Officer
- Participate in all health and Safety, environmental and process audits and ensure that all corrective actions and recommendations arising from the said audits are acted on as per the timeline.
- Coordinate statutory OHS exercises e.g. equipment inspection, effluent analysis
- Ensure availability of appropriate and functional PPE
- Train teams on risk assessment, improvement plans, monitor action plans and oversee ongoing security projects
- Generate required regulatory and other reports as required per Company reporting expectations and update and advice management on all HSE issues.
- Steer the development and implementation of the Company’s health & safety policies and procedures.
- Secretary to the Occupational Health and Safety Committee.
- Ensure that the Company has an adequate number of trained emergency marshals.
- Plan and oversee internal emergency preparedness programs and test the adequacy of emergency preparedness
- Coordinate the investigation of near misses and dangerous occurrences and develop appropriate recommendations to eliminate/reduce recurrence or mitigate impact.
- Maintain a system for recording, reporting and investigating injuries, accidents and dangerous occurrences in Company’s premises
BA, BSc, HND, MSc, MBA
Safety and Environment, HSE
Method of Application
Qualified Persons should forward CV and Application to firstname.lastname@example.org using the job title as the subject of the mail
25 June 2016
Source: Get Naija Job