Based in the heart of London, Harris Westminster Sixth Form combines the strengths of Westminster School in teaching academically able students with the Harris Federation’s experience in establishing and running outstanding maintained sector schools across London. We are highly over-subscribed and academically selective with a large proportion of our cohort in receipt of offers from Russell group Universities (including Oxbridge) and we are looking for outstanding individuals to join this vibrant and scholarly community.
We are looking for a Teacher of Mathematics who is passionate about preparing London’s most able state school students for entry to the world’s top universities. This post will be to start in September 2016.
As part of our continued expansion, Harris Westminster Sixth Form is looking to hire a Mathematics Teacher for September 2016 who is both passionate about preparing London’s most able state school students for entry to the world’s top universities and is keen to join a highly academic and successful department.
We opened in September 2014 with 138 students and have tripled this number in September 2015 with a new cohort of students keen to join an environment where learning and scholarship are paramount.
We are looking for a Mathematics teacher with:
- Enthusiasm, passion and outstanding subject knowledge, and for whom it is second nature to teach beyond A*.
- Vision, presence and clarity.
- A love of learning and who is interested in furthering their knowledge both within and outside their subject specialism.
- The ability to deliver consistently good (or better) lessons.
We can offer you:
- The opportunity to teach some of the brightest young minds in London and open up the world’s most prestigious universities to them.
- Support, CPD and networking with subject experts at Westminster School and from across the Harris Federation.
- A positive and innovative learning environment.
- Opportunities to deliver Cultural Perspectives classes in areas of knowledge that are of particular interest to you.
- Excellent prospects for future promotion.
As part of the Harris Federation of Schools you can expect to work in an atmosphere of mutual support and co-operation with superb professional development and promotion opportunities within both the Sixth form and the Harris Federation. If you are committed to the learning and well-being of London’s teenagers we welcome your application.
This post would suit more experienced teachers looking for an opportunity to innovate and develop, or an NQT seeking an exciting and academically rigorous school in which to start their career (first class NQT mentoring will be provided by leaders at Harris Westminster in partnership with subject experts at Westminster School).
Applications are also welcomed from well qualified graduates seeking an opportunity to train as a teacher. We can offer a salaried placement on the School Direct Programme: more information is available at: www.harristeachingschool.com/schooldirect.
Based on experience (Inner London) + Health Cash Plan + Harris Benefits
For more information about this position and to apply online, please visit our website via the button below.
The Harris Federation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Offers of employment will be subject to an enhanced disclosure and barring service check.
Source: TheGuardian Jobs