Kenya Red Cross Society is one of the largest humanitarian organizations in Kenya. Its mission is to be the leading humanitarian organization in Kenya delivering excellent quality service of preventing and Alleviating Human Suffering.
The Society is the Principal Recipient of Global Fund Round 10 HIV Grant and seeks to fill the following position:
Reporting to: Deputy Secretary General, Special Programs
Job location: Headquarters – Nairobi
Overall Purpose: Reporting to the Deputy Secretary General, Special Programs, the Head of Grants and Finance is responsible for designing providing technical and professional leadership in the planning, development and evaluation of an effective grants management and accountability system for the GF’s financial resources.
Also responsible for enforcing financial controls and ensuring financial reports are used for better financial management.
The position is also responsible for interpreting the Sub recipients prevailing financial situation, ensuring compliance to statutory and regulatory requirements as well as advising GF Technical Staff on measures to be taken to improve financial performance of the Sub recipients.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide leadership in the design, planning and implementation of an integrated Grants and Quality Assurance systems (GQAs) for the GF programme operations aimed at facilitating decision-making processes and promoting accountability.
- Provide support to the GF program team on all financial and grant management aspects.
- Grants and contract Management, compliance enforcement and coordination of financial aspects of the program to ensure the program achieves full contract compliance and that the program effectively interprets and operationalizes the contract requirements.
- Ensure that all targets financed are fully contracted in line with funds allocation per service area, funds are utilized as per approved budget, are adequately documented, accounted for and within the program period.
- Coordinate Program audits to PR and SRs in liaison with the Finance and Internal Audit Departments and ensure the program if cleared in all audits to the PR and SRs.
- Manage funds disbursement requests to the PR and SRs while ensuring that bottlenecks to funds flow are addressed and program financial risks are adequately managed.
- Develop, review and update accounting policies and procedures to increase Funds Disbursement efficiency and to ensure compliance with standard accounting principles and procedures, regulations and statutory requirements
- Manage program budget ad grants portfolio performance monitoring to ensure adequate controls for efficient funds utilization by use of tracking tools and grants management plans.
- Manage Financial Documentation and reconciliations for optimal grants reporting by PR and SRs.
- Participate in multidisciplinary teams to develop, implement and evaluate strategic management plans to improve organisational effectiveness
- Supervise the finance staff both at the headquarters level and field level (as second line manager) to ensure quality and consistency of programme delivery.
- Masters degree in business Administration (MBA), Economics, Finance, or a related field plus professional qualifications such as CPA, ACA, ACCA, ACMA or equivalent membership to a relevant professional body
- Over seven 7 years experience gained in strategic financial planning and budgeting as well as computerized accounting systems.
- Considerable knowledge of financial accounting, including in-depth understanding of donor funding procedures
- Considerable knowledge and ability to perform professional accounting work in accordance with the international “Generally Accepted Accounting and Auditing Principles” (GAAP), procedures, standards and controls, including financial forecasting and monitoring of budgets as well as donor accounting policies and procedures
- Ability to deliver the GF’s articulated vision for change, create a sense of urgency around change and motivates staff to join change efforts
- Strong customer focus, flexibility and responsiveness in handling and determining stakeholder complaints
- Considerable knowledge of information management and financial management systems, proficiency in database systems, spreadsheet and flow chart applications, computerized accounting, budgeting and human resources systems
Applications should contain: A letter of application, curriculum vitae, copies of academic certificates, address and contacts of two referees.
Applications should be sent to the following address to be received on or before 5:00 pm Friday, 2nd October 2015.
Late applications will not be considered.
Kenya Red Cross Society
P.O. Box 40712-00100,
Source: Daily Job in Kenya