Health Services Coordinator Career At USIU In Kenya
Health Services Coordinator Job Responsibilities
- Supervise employees in the Health Services department
- Oversee the day to day operations of the department to ensure good service delivery and smooth operations in accordance with the university policies and best practice in medical services.
- Diagnosing and treatment of patients
- Carry out minor surgical procedures
- Advising and counseling of patients
- Handle referrals of Patients
- Organize regular health education forums for the university community
- Follow up of the university’s, staff and students insurance claims.
- Manage the health services department to ensure the university gets value for money.
- Management of student insurance covers.
- Management of employee medical, life and Group Accident insurance covers.
Qualifications For Health Services Coordinator Jobs
- Undergraduate degree (preferably in business or management) from an accredited university
- Diploma in Clinical Medicine and surgery from an accredited medical training institution
- Registered with the Clinical Officer Council
- At least 10 years working experience as a clinical officer 5 of which should be in a management role.
- Experience managing a busy health services center or hospital
- High degree of confidentiality
- Good people management, team building and upholding employee morale
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Be self-motivated and highly-disciplined
- Problem solving skills
- Organizational and analytical skills
- Good Computer skills
How To Apply
If you had previously applied for any of the listed positions, please do not re-apply. Incumbents will be expected to continue upgrading their knowledge, skills, and abilities needed to keep abreast of regulation/policy changes and trends in higher education.
Should you have the requisite qualifications and experience and want to work as a team member in a modern and progressive institution where you can make a difference, please apply. Interested applicants must provide a cover letter and a current CV, certified copies of educational certificates and transcripts, names and addresses of three referees, current salary and benefits, telephone and e-mail contacts to the following address by Tuesday, May 15, 2016.
Head of Human Resources,
United States International University – Africa
P.O Box 14634-00800, Nairobi, Kenya
USIU-Africa is an equal opportunity employer.
Source: Career Point Kenya