Human Resource Associate Job at Kilifi Plantation, Kenya
Kilifi plantations Ltd is one of the leading agricultural farms in Kenya located within Kilifi County. Kilifi Plantations was established in 1920 as a sisal plantation. It was privately bought in 1963 and today remains an ongoing agricultural business. Currently Kilifi Plantations consist of a leading national dairy herd milking 400 animals daily producing 3,000 litres a day. The farm also produces 350 tonnes annually of sisal fibre of export quality.
Kilifi Plantations is looking for Human Resource Associate to facilitate the smooth running of operations within the Human Resource Office.
- To assist in recruitment, selection and retention of a skilled and motivated employee base to drive the business to achieve its strategic objectives. To ensure smooth running of the HR office whilst managing all personnel records whist guiding the company through the legalities of employments rules and regulations.
HR Associate Role
- To assist with the development and implementation of the company strategy;
- To assist with development of performance management tools and implementation of the same.
- Manage employee disciplinary and grievance procedures.
- Preparing and administering the company payroll;
- Administering employee benefit programs (medical, gratuity, insurances, pension);
- Overseeing all work injury cases and following up to a logical conclusion;
- Managing employee training and learning development programs
- Participating in all industrial union matters;
- Coordinate industrial attachment programs and follow up with NITA for claims
- Supervising general housekeeping and ensuring general cleanliness is upheld;
- Ensuring staff compliance and adherence to company policies, procedures ,systems and statutory requirements in line with Kenyan Labour Laws;
- Ensuring all administrative matters related to staff are dealt with in accordance with laid down policies;
- Oversee the proper running and administration of the nursery school staff and security staff.
- Coordinate corporate social responsibility programs.
Specifications for HR Associate Role
- Bachelors’ Degree in Social Sciences.
- Higher Diploma or Diploma in Human Resource Management.
- At least 3 years’ experience in a similar capacity and in a busy environment
Skills and competencies
- Familiarity with Kenya Labour Laws.
- High standards of personal integrity
- Effective Communication skills
- Planning and reporting skills
- Analytical and Evaluation skills
- Team player
- Good ICT skills
- Proactive Individual .
The monthly salary will be Ksh 40,000. Housing will also be provided.
How to apply:
To apply for this position, send a one-page cover letter explaining why you are a good fit for this role and your CV of no more than three pages to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Human Resource Associate”. Please avoid sending additional materials or attachments such as certificates and copies of your degree until requested to do so. If you do not hear from Kilifi Plantations within two weeks after the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Source: Career Point Kenya