CFO / Chief Financial Officer Job at HRBP Solutions, Kenya
We are currently recruiting in Kenya for our client a leading Multinational company in
CFO / Chief Financial Officer Job Responsibilities:
- Contributes to and is individually accountable for implementing the broader financial strategy across the business over a 1-2 year period.
- Translates strategy into business plan.
- Plays an active role in the Finance community and champions the financial soundness and profitability of the business unit.
- Aligns financial and governance strategy to needs in the external market (inclusive of legislative changes).
- Understands and supports the business strategies of other segments and markets.
- Ensure the appropriate financial reporting systems, accounting systems and internal control mechanisms are in place to enable effective financial management of the business in line with statutory, regulatory, IFRS and internal company requirements.
- Ensure the preparation of all statutory financial statements and regulatory reports in accordance with IFRS and other statutory requirements.
- Ensure complete and accurate financial reporting in respect of the Group which includes forecasting, budgeting, tax planning and structuring
- Manage and ensure efficient year-end processes and the submission of financial year-end statements.
- Prepare and present Company results to all stakeholders
- Accountable for preparation of financial reports and record keeping for the country through the finance team.
- Oversee the execution of actuarial valuations.
- Could include consolidation of accounts.
- Takes accountability for running the financial components of the annual Business Planning process
- Sets operational policies for the business.
- Governance and Compliance
- Ensures that the best financial operating practices are in place
- Responsible for internal and external audit liaison.
- Ensures tax, legislative and statutory requirements are met.
- Ensures compliance within unit.
- Sets operational policies for actuarial valuation of the business.
- Seeks to minimise tax liabilities of the organisation.
- Accountable for all strategic tax issues.
- Treasury and banking
- Management of the treasury function and banking operation, inclusive of practices and policies.
- Implements and monitors treasury controls and policies.
- Implements and monitors banking controls and policies.
- Supports banking operation.
- Manages liquidity risk and cash flow for policyholders and shareholders through the finance team.
- Manages corporate financing.
- Manages the investment portfolio by ensuring an optimum return.
- Analyses business, financial and general operating information to identify trends and opportunities for development and produce management information to ensure that business developments remain financially viable.
- Analyses and monitors the effect of budget or policy changes on business unit productivity.
- Assists in deciding on the financial and business viability of new and existing projects and programmes.
- Produce accounts; comply with statutory submissions to ensure compliance with relevant legislation.
- Individually accountable for staff time, tasks and output quality, over periods of 3 months to a year.
- Balances own priorities with directing and motivating others.
- Plans and assigns work over periods of 3 months to a year.
- Guides and directs staff to achieve operational excellence standards.
- Creates a climate for optimal performance.
- Selects potential staff to sustain customer/ client service delivery.
- Drives operational excellence throughout area of supervision
Qualifications and Experience for Chief Financial Officer Job
- Fully Qualified Chartered Accountant
- Minimum of 10 years post formal education/qualifications, within the Financial Services and/or within a major Accounting Firm.
- Extensive experience in a senior financial management role.
Africa experience (advantageous)
- Must have experience of multinational and commercial enterprises within the Financial Services or Insurance sectors.
- Total understanding and personal implementation of best practice Corporate Governance
If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your profile will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.
If you are up to the challenge, posses the necessary qualification and experience, please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject to firstname.lastname@example.org before 30th April 2016
Indicate your current salary and notice period.
Source: Career Point Kenya