Rail Civil Engineer Job at HRBP Solutions, Kenya
Our client a multinational company is looking for a ,
Job Title: Rail Civil Engineer
- Effective development and maintenance of the Permanent Way so as to ensure that safety, health and environmental protection is fully integrated in the Company’s logistics operations. Provision of civil engineering leadership to the business.
Rail Civil Engineer Job Principal Accountabilities
- Participate in the formulation of infrastructural plans, the setting of maintenance standards, specifications, procedures and policies, and ensure compliance and implementation.
- Maintain industrial harmony at work centres to ensure effective team participation in production processes and evaluate staff performance to identify their development and training needs, and set their objectives/targets.
- Manage the maintenance and repair of the permanent way and other civil structures to ensure maximum output, availability and reliability at minimum cost and in accordance with the laid down standards and objectives.
- Carry out investigations of train accidents and ensure that correct preventative measures are effected and safety improvement programs are carried out in line with the overall company Safety Policy objectives.
- Provide leadership, support and expertise to operating team and frontline members in order to achieve the operational goals and objectives.
- Identify systems and resources needed to support team performance; prepare budgets and implement controls to ensure delivery within the set financial targets.
- Develop new designs for infrastructure and provide professional guidance, manage new capital projects and ensure planning, designing and implementation is carried out within approved budgets, specifications and schedules.
Knowledge/Skills/Experience for Rail Civil Engineer Job
- A degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent
- Registration by Engineering Board or ten years continuous experience in engineering practice
- Sound leadership, interpersonal and communication skills with proven successful experience in facilitating and leading an operational team
- Sound technical knowledge in permanent way construction and maintenance.
- Physical ability to work in the field (hands on), and in a busy operational environment.
- Ability to plan, organise and respond quickly to changing operational situations in the field and office.
- Sound knowledge and experience of environmental and safety management.
- Sound knowledge of train operations and control system
- Familiarity with Labour Laws, financial and project management
- Excellent business acumen
- Computer skills.
- The job holder is responsible for the Permanent Way, which is a vital component of the business as it ensures the delivery of the product to the customer and the safety of very expensive equipment that operate on it.
- The job holder is responsible for effective and efficient management of resources to ensure the availability of a reliable Permanent Way including the co-ordination of day to day front line operations and helping the team to link their daily work with the company’s, vision, mission, objectives and strategies.
- The job holder needs to carry out his responsibilities within a very tight budget and time scale. The job holder needs to have excellent planning and co-ordination ability to be able to meet tight operational requirements and other added responsibilities.
- The job holder requires excellent interpersonal and communication skills to help him work effectively with third parties so as to obtain strategic support and achieve set targets and long term overall company’s objectives.
- Job involves frequent travel over long distances in self-driven vehicles.
- No adequate facilities at the field working environment
- Working in the field for long hours and frequent covering of operational duties
- Exposure to environmental hazards
- Attending to operational emergencies at odd hours.
- Working during weekends and public holidays.
If you are up to the challenge, posses the necessary qualification and experience, please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject to email@example.com before 10th MAY 2016, indicate your current /expected salary and notice per
Source: Career Point Kenya