HTS Counsellor Job at Maryland Global Initiatives Corporation, Kenya
Maryland Global Initiatives Corporation (MGIC) is an affiliate of University of Maryland, Baltimore (UMB).
UMB has a Global Health Program which is delivered through the Maryland Global Initiatives Corporation (MGIC) and housed by various institutes among them the Institute of Human Virology (IHV).
Since 2004, IHV has partnered with the governments of Kenya, Guyana, Haiti, Nigeria, Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda and Zambia to address each country’s growing HIV and AIDS epidemics.
MGIC is seeking a suitably qualified person able to fill the position of HTS Counsellor & Adherence Counsellor.
HTS Counsellor Position Summary:
- Under the supervision of facility Incharge, The HTC counselor’s engagement is geared towards accelerating HIV testing and counseling at facility level.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide confidential HIV counseling and testing to persons at risk for HIV infection as per Kenya HTS national guidelines
- Conduct HTS using provider initiated testing and counseling, voluntary counseling and testing and targeted family testing approaches.
- Provide special group counseling e.g. couples, discordant couples, youths and adolescents
- Address issues of behavior change in relation to HIV and ART
- Facilitate the delivery of HIV Prevention information to clients
- Provide psychosocial support and assist with linkage to referral services
- Assess and document all referrals make follow-up and report on referral outcomes
- Compile and submit monthly HTC reports
- Provide health education to outpatient clients as a strategy of mobilizing clients for HIV testing
Required Qualifications for HTS Counsellor Job
- Certificate in HTC Counselling (NASCOP Certified)
- One to two years’ experience in HIV counseling and testing
- Ability to work independently, under pressure while at the same time adhering to strict deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
How to apply
If you meet the above qualifications, you are requested to send your application and CV to email@example.com by May 1, 2016.Candidates are required to quote the title of the position being applied on the subject line of the email.
Source: Career Point Kenya