Receiving Clerk-Complex Warehouse Job at ICRC, Kenya
(short term contract)
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organisation with the exclusively humanitarian mission to protect the lives and dignity of victims of war and internal violence and to provide them with assistance. It also endeavours to prevent suffering by promoting and strengthening International Humanitarian Law and universal humanitarian principles.
The ICRC Logistic Centre in Nairobi (Industrial Area) is seeking an experienced & highly motivated individual to fill the position of aReceiving Clerk.
Receiving Clerk Job Responsibilities
- Physically receive and confirm quantity of all items delivered to the relief warehouse and supplier locations;
- Post the purchase orders into the JDE system, print receiving slips and Bin cards;
- Receive into the JDE system items received physically at the Mombasa warehouse;
- Receive items under supplier locations correctly entering Batch numbers, expiry dates, transit status and locations;
- Ensure all received lots by purchase order have the bin cards updated with all inventory transactions attached to them.
- Ensure all items are stored in the right warehouse locations to ease the packing and dispatch process;
- Liaise closely with the Quality control and avail samples for quality checks;
- File all relevant documents relating to stock receipt & transfers, purchase orders receiving slips and inventory transfers;
- Participates in all Inventory Counts and reconciliationunder relief warehouse;
Minimum Requirements for Receiving Clerk Job
- Certificate in stores management or its equivalent;
- At least 2yearsrelevant experience in a similar field;
- Purchasing and supplies experience is an asset;
- Good communication skills;
- Excellent Computer skills;
Good team player, Good organizational skills, Flexible and able to work under pressure, Good communication skills, Honest.
Interested persons with the required background and experience are invited to submit their application to Human Resources Office on the address or e-mail below, onor before11thMay2016. Please include a cover letter, detailed curriculum vitae, copies of certificates, current and expected remuneration and contact details of three referees.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
International Committee of the Red Cross,
Logistics Centre, P.O. Box 34071,
Nairobi, 00100(GPO), Kenya:
Source: Career Point Kenya