Truck Driver Job at ICRC, Kenya
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organisation with the exclusively humanitarian mission to protect the lives and dignity of victims of war and internal violence and to provide them with assistance. It also endeavours to prevent suffering by promoting and strengthening International Humanitarian Law and universal humanitarian principles.
The ICRC LogisticsSupport Centre in Mombasa is seeking an experienced & highly motivated individual to fill the position of Truck Driverwithin its Mombasa office.
Truck Driver Job Responsibilities
- Drive different types of light and heavy ICRC vehicles including forklift by strictly following internal rules and regulations and national traffic rules;
- Transport goods within Mombasa town from Warehouses to Port;
- Go on field trips from Mombasa to Nairobi, other coastal regions and outside Kenya on request;
- Oversee the loading and offloading of goods when necessary and ensure they correspond with proper documentation;
Minimum Requirements for Truck Driver Job
- Minimum KCSE or its equivalent plus a trade certificate or ‘O’ level;
- Heavy commercial vehicle driving license all categories including forklift for at least 5 yearswith certification of driving a trailer;
- Knowledge of Mombasa Port operations is MANDATORY
- At least 3-5 years experienceas a truck driver with good references;
- Certificate of good conduct;
- Basic mechanical skills would be an added advantage;
- Able to write and speakfluent English;
- Preferably candidates from the coastal region.
- Loyal and honest, ability to work in a team, flexible and open minded, ability to work under pressure and with minimal supervision, good communication skills,high sense of integrity.
Interested persons with the required background and experience are invited to submit their application to Human Resources Office on the address below, onor before18thMay2016or drop the applications at our Mombasa office.Please include a detailed curriculum vitae, copies of certificates, current and expected remuneration and contact details of three referees.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
International Committee of the Red Cross,
Logistics Support Centre,
P.O. Box 34071, Nairobi,
Source: Career Point Kenya