Information Management and Technology – Infrastructure
Systems Specialist (Linux)
Salary from £42,703 to £49,442 pa inclusive with potential to progress to £55,594 pa inclusive
LSE is a cosmopolitan community in the centre of London focusing on the study of the social sciences. With a centralised delivery model IMT provides information technology and communications services to 15,000 staff and student users. We are currently looking to recruit a well-motivated individual to fill a key technical role.
LSE is seeking to recruit an experienced IT systems professional to join the Systems Team to administer our enterprise management and configuration environment for Linux servers across the School.
To succeed in this role you will have:
- Excellent knowledge and experience of running enterprise Linux server environments.
- Knowledge and experience of Puppet or a similar configuration management tool for deploying and configuring Linux servers and applications such as HAProxy, Apache and Tomcat.
- Knowledge and experience of using Nagios for monitoring servers and services, and for alerting on problems.
- Experience with using various authentication technologies e.g. AD, LDAP. Desirable to have experience running Shibboleth and CAS environments.
- Experience of hosting enterprise database environments on Linux servers. Desirable to have experience hosting Oracle on RHEL.
- Desirable to have experience of deploying distributed virtual networking in a hypervisor environment such as VMWare.
- Desirable to have experience with working in a devops environment for development and delivery of Linux based applications.
If you would like more information about this post, please email Puneet Singh at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For information regarding IT Services please visit http://www.lse.ac.uk/itservices.
We offer an occupational pension scheme, generous annual leave and excellent training and development opportunities.
To make an application please click ‘Visit Website’ button.
If you have any queries about applying on the online system, or require an alternative format for the application, please email: email@example.com quoting reference 1547760.
The closing date for receipt of applications is 8 May 2016 (23.59 UK time). Regrettably, we are unable to accept any late applications.
LSE values diversity and strives to promote equality at all levels, including its employees, students, customers and associates.
Source: TheGuardian Jobs