This opportunity that will manage the complete spend of all BWS (Beers, Wines, Spirits) & Soft Drinks. This is an important position within the business and will have long term opportunities to develop.
My client has a presence in neatly 70 locations across the UK. They are continuing to expand and have large growth plans for 2016. Their fantastic take on good quality food, in a great atmosphere, has enabled them to seize the market and be one of the biggest players competing in the UK.
The business has a great atmosphere where people who work hard, thrive. They need strong, passionate and energetic people, who will be able to motivate others around them and work well in a team environment.
- Categories include Beers, Wines, Spirits & Soft Drinks
- Addressing all daily supply chain issues as they arise
- Make significant savings whilst keeping high quality goods being purchased
- Providing sourcing and purchasing activities as requested for restaurants.
- Preparing bid packages and evaluating vendor quotes and services.
- Work closely with the NPD team, marketing and brand to create and supply innovative products to our bars
- In conjunction with the drinks development team, lead product development through expert knowledge on the current and future drinks trends.
- Responsible for delivering the highest possible quality of product to our sites and customers.
- Manage and be the gatekeeper of the new product timeline
Supplier Relationship Management
- Managing new supplier requests and offering suggestions on most desirable suppliers.
- Develop supplier relationships and monitor supplier performances
- Working with suppliers and distribution centres to quickly address and prevent food quality issues
- Manage supply chain and risk across all packaging categories reviewed
The ideal candidate will:
- A good purchasing experience within food services, restaurants or food retailers.
- Strong stakeholder management and interpersonal skills
- Ability to negotiate on major contracts and have amazing working relationships with suppliers
- Have the ability to execute projects independently and effectively manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Adaptability – Able to adapt dependent on what is presented in front of them, changes in environment or needs of key stakeholders
- Client / Consumer Focus – Able to provide excellent customer service that builds lasting business relationships.
- Desire – Demonstrate a desire to succeed with proven expertise in driving project.
- Organised – Is able to priorities when demands of the individual is high and time is crucial.
- Passion – Looks to replicate success, learn from mistakes and develop the ideas, innovation and practices that will help us improve and lead our market.
- Strong Analytical skills
- Team work – Evidence of an ability to work cross-functionally with colleagues from different disciplines and backgrounds
up to £42,000 plus bonuses
Source: Telegraph.co.uk Jobs