This fantastic opportunity is to head up the purchasing of all food & beverage across the UK business for all events (sport, education, business).
This role would be to create, drive and implement strategy behind all food and beverage purchasing. Buying a range of frozen, chilled, ambient & branded foods, whilst negotiating the best deals or the business and keeping quality high.
Our client is one of the UK & world leading facilities management and catering businesses. They have catered for a range of events, from the national sports events to global corporate functions. NHS Hospitals to Music festivals. Only using the finest and most sustainable products, their food and beverages are to the industries highest standard and ensure that all customer service is always quality.
- Responsible for effective procurement of Meats, Produce, branded food and hot/cold drinks (circa £25m)
- Develop the strategy & long range income growth plan for all categories. – Using continuous improvement tools and processes to effectively drive sustainable business growth opportunities and maximise the overall commercial value from through the category development process.
- Responsible for day to day supplier relationships are maximised through conducting business reviews in line with supplier positioning and responsible for owning overall relationship.
- Develop relationships with all key suppliers and conduct regular meetings and ensure all opportunities are suitable tracked and reported on.
- Develop and maintain a strong market knowledge within the Industry and support team development using this knowledge. Keep up-to-date on new products/methods/innovations within the hospitality industry
- To review and manage the continual development of Preferred Supplier product baskets on a quarterly basis.
- To provide monthly data for the Region to the Supplier Relationship Director in preparation for Operations and Board Meetings.
Adaptability – Able to adapt dependent on what is presented in front of them, changes in environment or needs of key stakeholders
Client / Consumer Focus – Able to provide excellent customer service that builds lasting business relationships.
Competitiveness – Know the competition and aspire to deliver competitive advantage
Leadership Qualities – Ability to provide strategic leadership to the function as well as contributing at the operational level.
Organised – Is able to priorities when demands of the individual is high and time is crucial.
Passion – Looks to replicate success, learn from mistakes and develop the ideas, innovation and practices that will help us improve and lead our market.
Relationship focused – Is able build key relationships with internal and external stakeholders, therefore getting the best result from each scenario
Experience managing teams
Experience withing multiple food purchasing categories
Experience with FMCG / Food Services / Restaurant Retail
up to £50,000 plus car allowance + bonus
Source: Telegraph.co.uk Jobs