As Procurement Manager you will be the main interface between the business their contract manufacturers ensuring continuity of product supply from all partner sites at best value. Based in Kingston Upon Hull, this critical role will deliver value across quality, service, risk, innovation and cost; with spend responsibility of £15m-£20m.
Our client are leading brand FMCG manufacturer based in Hull. They are looking to recruit a Procurement Manager in a newly created role.
Key Procurement Manager Responsibilities
- Negotiate new supplier terms and conditions in line with the procurement authority level policy
- Identify and select new suppliers aligned with agreed sourcing strategy and overall business strategy and award tenders in line with procurement operating values, ensuring strategy is clear and delivered to appropriate stakeholders
- Build strong relationships with strategic suppliers to deliver continuous improvement, cost savings and value creation
- Utilise the 7 stage sourcing process, implement the agreed sourcing strategy according to agreed business processes in line with business strategy
- Continually review supplier markets including alternative supply options; identify value-engineering opportunities, cost avoidance and value stream mapping opportunities;
- Visits to suppliers, conferences and potential suppliers as required
- Continue to drive compliance of business agenda through existing and NPD supply
Ideally you will be operating in food, manufacturing or FMCG procurement role that has developed your negotiation and strong procurement knowledge. You will be working towards or have gained your MCIPS level 4, and have strong finance acumen as well as the ability to analyse risk in order to make sound business decisions. This is a busy role where you will liaising with internal and external stakeholders so you will need to have strong communication skills with the ability to ensure that the right decisions are made.
£40-45k plus bens
Source: Telegraph.co.uk Jobs