Next Up Foundation seeking Microsoft Office Tutor to join the company in mentoring kids and helping expand the sport of skateboarding to underserved communities through our program and providing much-needed equipment and apparel to kids who might not get access to it was the reason Next Up Foundation was started.
You can help with our grassroots marketing, through posting on social network sites and tweeting our events and news. The positive exposure you create can help bring in more funding and grants. The more resources, the more kids and communities we can serve.
Next Up Foundation aims to take a hands-on approach to teaching underprivileged children and adolescents how to overcome everyday obstacles through activities by which they can relate. Our program will demonstrate through sports and leisure activities that, like in life, if you set specific, attainable goals and approach them with optimistic determination you will not only achieve but exceed your own expectations.
We engage the at-risk youth of diverse backgrounds in supporting their development, education, and healthy lifestyles. Our vision is for our kids to apply the lessons learned in skateboarding to withstand negative forces in their communities and live positive, productive lives.
We believe that some life lessons can be learned best on a skateboard. Our foundation contributes to its local community by being a positive mentoring force in the lives of young people and offers them a unique and active support system.
Microsoft Office Tutor Job description
- Operate summer and after-school skateboarding sessions under guidance of volunteer mentors and pro skaters
- Take participants on field trips to action sports companies and provide opportunities for participants to meet and skate with pro skaters
- Teach the value of resilience, self-discipline, communication, and ambition
- Encourage healthy lifestyles and resistance to peer-pressure
- Support educational growth by providing academic resources and offering tutoring and college preparation assistance
- Inspire career goals by offering workshops taught by industry and academic professionals
- Supply equipment, shoes, and clothing to participants as needed
- Provide a supportive social community for kids and teens
- Mondays & Fridays from 5 to 6 pm
- Assist our head volunteer teaching our students some basic computer skills
- Must speak English
- Must have good communication skills
- Must enjoy work with kids
Desired Skills and Experience – This position requires the following skills
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Internet Research
- Google Apps
- Basic Computer Skills
How to apply: This is a volunteer opportunity provided by VolunteerMatch, in partnership with LinkedIn for Good. Interested and qualified candidates should visit the application website for more detailed information