IT Operations Manager – £52,000 plus benefits – Exeter
Based outskirts of Exeter, commutable from Bridgwater, Taunton, Yeovil, Plymouth, Barnstaple
We are seeking an experienced IT Operations Manager who has strategic and operational experience of providing managed IT services of an enterprise nature. Renowned for their award winning IT services the IT Operations Manager role is a senior management role which is pivotal to the organisation’s success in delivering systems and IT services to large public sector enterprises.
The ideal candidate will have a technical background and understanding. Key responsibilities include:
* Operational management of a large IT service delivery team consisting of direct reports (network, servers, telecoms, desktop and applications analysts), and non-direct reports (professional services, and other IT services such as performance management and applications training). Includes recruitment, appraisals, PDPs etc.
* Performance management and an advocate of customer services’ best practice.
* Ongoing strategic planning and contributing to the direction setting for the IT roadmap (3-5 years).
* Change management. Establishing the transitioning of legacy systems and associated business processes and procedures to newly hosted, reliable, innovative and scalable IT solutions for corporate customers.
* Overall enterprise architecture and IT security for services delivered through customer sites, remotely, service desk, website, hosted data centre, professional consultancy and training services.
* Budget management and investment planning.
* Commercial Planning – cross charging / time and billing / profit.
* Compliance – Understanding the legislation and working to ISO standards that affect clients.
The role will suit a pragmatic IT operations manager with professional project management capability and ITIL expertise. This is a role for somebody who likes to shake things up, set direction and manage change (and associated business processes) within an enterprise environment. You will be somebody who isn’t afraid of decision making and is enthused by driving change and best practice.
Please apply with your CV in the first instance. You will be guaranteed a response and for those meeting the criteria a full job description and organisation insight will follow. Please note that you will be required to undergo a DBS check to be successful in this role. Based just off the M5 with onsite parking, the location is easily accessible. Relocation assistance may be provided.
Key skills: IT Operations Manager, Service Delivery, IT Strategy, Data Centre, IT Managed Services, Change Management, IT Management, IT Service Management, Project Management, Budget management, team leadership, Chief Architect
This job was originally posted as www.cwjobs.co.uk/JobSeeking/IT-Operations-Manager—52000_job65389328
Source: Telegraph.co.uk Jobs