Vacancy Announcement No. 023/2015
Position No. 15-0018157
Contract type: Fixed Term
Post Grade: NOB
Duty Station: Nairobi
Duration: 1 year (initial)
Date of issue: 23rd September 2015
Closing Date: 06th October 2015
Organizational Background: The World Food Programme Somalia activities include food assistance for relief, emergency school feeding, humanitarian air and logistics services, food coordination and emergency rehabilitation projects.
This position is open to qualified Kenyan candidates only.
Female candidates in particular, are encouraged to apply.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Under the direct supervision of the Head of Logistics WFP Somalia, the incumbent will be responsible for the following duties:
- Contribute towards the development of logistics plans and processes ensuring compliance with wider logistics policies and WFP standards;
- Support or manage logistics projects or operational activities following standard processes and contributing, directly or indirectly, to the effective delivery of food assistance to beneficiaries;
- Prepare Landside Transport Storage Handling (LTSH) Matrix reports and identify gaps in information and findings, analyse and evaluate information, develop statistics, and translate into information management products to facilitate decision making;
- Conduct regular financial analysis and budget reviews, drawing out insights and recommending actions to senior staff to optimise use of available funds;
- Contribute to consolidation and preparation of operational pipeline planning, and to the management of operational aspects of the supply chain (procurement, shipping, port operation), including checking document and customs clearance readiness, loading and discharging operations and contracting of applicable transport, warehouse and any relevant logistics services;
- Guide and supervise more junior staff, acting as a point of referral and supporting them with more complex analysis and queries;
- Identify and build productive relationships with logistics colleagues and staff within the area of assignment to support an integrated approach to food assistance;
- Supervise Vendor reconciliation, answering to vendor queries and preparing statements on request, and Special Account Vendor reconciliation for services rendered to various WFP Customers;
- Set up Funds Reservations (FRs) and continuously monitor their usage;
- Prepare and share the Commodity Costs with Programme and Logistics Units and prepare the Contractor bond tracking and share it with relevant units in Logistics;
- Participate in the on-going review of internal processes and procedures and identify ways to increase the day-to-day efficiencies;
- Act in an assigned emergency response capacity as required to meet emergency food assistance needs;
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Advanced University degree in Transport Economics, Supply chain, Logistics Engineering, Accounting, Business Management or other related field, or First University degree with additional years of related work experience and/or training/courses.
- At least three years or more of postgraduate professional experience in commercial or government transportation and ancillary sectors with at least two years’ experience in a commercial company or NGO, adequate knowledge and experience of area of work, i.e. flight operations, air traffic management sectors, chartering/shipping/port operations, warehouse or fleet management, etc.
- Proficiency in Windows (MS Word, MS Excel) and some transport tracking system experience.
Language: Fluency in both oral and written communication in English is a requirement.
- Experience utilizing computers, including word processing, spreadsheet or other WFP software packages.
- General knowledge of UN system policies, rules, regulations and procedures governing administration.
Interested and qualified candidates are requested to submit online applications only according to the following procedures:
Note: You must complete Step 2 in order for your application to be considered for this vacancy.
Applications that do not meet the above requirements will be disregarded.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Source: Daily Job in Kenya