1. Monitoring and reporting
● Ensure that all Restless Development Nepal projects have appropriate monitoring and reporting indicators and tools in place, in line with requirements of donors and Restless Development International.
● Ensure that the tools are aligned with the Restless Development quality standards as mentioned in the Programme Quality Compendium of the organisation.
● Build the capacity of the programme and M&E team in monitoring, reporting and data analysis as per all reporting requirements.
● Develop and support maintenance of relevant databases for programmes, and build capacity of the programme team in their use and management.
● Develop the Evidence Based Decision Making system for all of Nepal’s programmes, and train the programme team in the technique.
● Ensure that monitoring and reporting systems, including fieldwork, collection of reports, data entry and data validation are correctly implemented by staff and volunteers.
● Ensure beneficiary feedback as integral part of monitoring and reporting system.
● Lead on the compilation and analysis of Restless Development Nepal Quarterly Reports.
● Lead on data verification processes and support internal audits as regards M&E areas
● Timely prepare analytical information/required data to support Programme/Fundraising teams in reporting to donors as well as for the Management Committee and International office as per the reporting guidelines/templates.
● Support to prepare project result framework in coordination with the donor.
● Organize and lead regular meetings with the program team to strengthen the coordination and to ensure the opportune and appropriate monitoring of the project.
2. Evaluations and research
● Lead in the management of evaluation projects, such as baseline, midterm and endline surveys, including designing, budgeting, planning for data collection, analysis and report writing.
● Innovate in the measurement of the effectiveness of Restless Development’s programmes, including utilizing external data and external evaluators.
● Support the Restless Development Nepal Management Committee to plan and implement evaluations of non-programme issues and systems, including effectiveness of information, cost-effectiveness, volunteer safety, etc.
● Design annual research plans in consultation with the Management Committee.
● Lead research studies as and when required, including designing, budgeting, planning for data collection, analysis and report writing.
● Ensure evaluations and researches are aligned with national and international strategic framework and are able to demonstrate progress against targets set in the logframe.
3. Sharing and learning
▪ Stay up to date with current good practices in monitoring and evaluation both within Restless Development internationally as well as externally.
▪ Ensure timely documentation and dissemination of key findings from monitoring, evaluation and research, specifically presenting programmes results and impact, internally and to appropriate national and international stakeholders, including the government and other partners.
▪ Ensure creative and strategic dissemination strategies of the learning generated from programmes
▪ Support the programme team to appropriately format and disseminate programmes and their results and impact to programme stakeholders (including beneficiaries) at national, state, district and village/school levels.
▪ Support the programme team to revise the project strategies/activities based on the findings of the monitoring and evaluation reports..
▪ Build and manage systems for sharing and learning within Restless Development, including sharing external and internal information both within the Nepal office and with other Restless Development offices.
▪ Coordinate with Fundraising and Partnership Manager to ensure learning is utilised for further fundraising or profile raising purposes.
4. Program strategy and quality
● Develop appropriate logical frameworks and indicators for all programmes and projects.
● Contribute to program design and development at proposal development stage.
● Collaborate with the programme managers in planning and managing regular programme review workshops to ensure that evaluation and monitoring data informs programmes.
● Plan and manage regular field visits to monitor the proper program implementation against the project indicators.
● Support the Management Committee to ensure that the programmes contribute to national and international strategies, including the Sustainable Development Goals.
● Support the Programme managers in ensuring that programmes reflect the operational standards, strategy and practices of Restless Development internationally in line with the Global Programme Quality Compendium and international good practice.
● Support the Programme managers in designing, developing, and rolling out programme quality guides, standards and tools.
5. Fundraising and marketing
● Provide monitoring and evaluation data for marketing and fundraising purposes, including donor reports.
● Produce documents including case studies, study briefs, and impact briefs for use by the fundraising and marketing team.
● Support fundraising through report and proposal writing, logical framework and concept development, research, and partner meetings.
6. Resource Management and Capacity Building
● Manage MEL staff through monthly meetings/updates, monitoring work, schedule work plans and review.
● Support M&E staff through entire performance management cycle with regular objective setting and reviews.
● Support Restless Development Nepal #2 in building the capacities of the Management Committee in Evidence Based Decision Making and performance based line management.
● Design and implement appropriate training programmes and support systems on regular basis for volunteers and staff to ensure understanding and quality implementation of monitoring, evaluation and research systems.
● Build the capacity of Restless Development project staff and partner NGO staff on data collection, monitoring, reporting and data analysis.
● Serve as a role model – personally embodying Restless Development’s mission and values, and strictly adhering to policies and procedures and ensuring other staff to do the same.
7. Strategic planning and management
● Serve as an active member of the Nepal Management Committee, providing guidance and expertise on monitoring and evaluation issues.
● Manage unit priorities through the development and regular review of unit operational plans and implementation calendars.
● Develop annual budgets of MEL unit activities, and monitor expenditure.
● Contribute to Restless Development’s Global Strategy and Direction through participation in identified global strategic development and/or decision-making processes.
● Other duties as required, sometimes requiring working on weekends and holidays for which time off in lieu can be taken
Source: ReliefWeb Jobs