Nurse Job Vacancies at SHOFCO, Kenya
Reports to: Health Services Program Officer
Hours: Mon- Fri, 8:00am to 4:00pm and two Saturdays a month
Main purpose of the job
- The job holder is responsible for providing holistic nursing services to outpatients within Shofco’sClinic
Nurse Job Key Responsibilities:
- Aiding CO as required during treatment, examination and testing of patients;
- Ensure that all required observations, prescribed treatment and procedures are properly carried out and documented on patient’s charts.
- Refer to the CO relevant information such as patient’s status and laboratory results, which would assist in proper clinical management.
- Participate in community health surveys/campaigns
- Participate in training of community health workers
- Preparing equipment and ensuring examination rooms are clean and stocked with required supplies and materials;
- Administering prescribed medications, injections and treatments in accordance with nursing standards;
- Maintaining patient confidentiality.
- Performing other related duties within the clinic as may be assigned
Competencies and skills for Nurse Job
- Diploma in Nursing from a recognized college preferably KMTC
- Registered member of nursing council of Kenya
- At least 2 years post College working experience
- Current practicing license is a MUST
- Good writing, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Reporting skills
- High administrative and analytical capacity.
- Good computer skills.
How to Apply:
Interested applicants should send their applications together with a detailed CV to the HR Officer, email@example.com quoting their current and expected salaries. Applications without this information will not be considered. DO NOT ATTACH TESTIMONIALS at this point. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Applications should reach us no later than 20th May 2016.
Source: Career Point Kenya