Job Title: Office Administrator
Reporting To: Managing Partner, Brussels
Director of Finance & Administration, London
Working Hours: Rotating shifts of 9.00 – 18.00 or 9.30 – 18.30
Firm Summary: Established in New York in 1792, Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft LLP is a premier international law firm with over 500 associates in eight offices, offering legal advice in banking, corporate finance, environmental, global public affairs, health care, insolvency, insurance and reinsurance, litigation, mergers and acquisitions, private client, project finance, real estate, securitisation, structured finance, and tax matters.
With offices in New York, Charlotte, Washington D.C., Houston, London, Brussels, Hong Kong and Beijing, Cadwalader is positioned to offer top-flight legal services to internationally based clients conducting transactions all over the world. The firm has built a strong and diverse international practice that can dispatch the most demanding, time-critical and resource-intensive transactions across a wide range of complementary practice areas.
Position Summary: Work within a team to provide full office administration and secretarial support at all levels of seniority.
- Meeting and greeting clients and other visitors to the office and providing general administrative support as required
- Switchboard and meeting room management
- Order and supply appropriate refreshments and catering for conference room meetings, paying close attention to detail and noting special dietary requirements
- Ordering couriers and taxis as required
- Ensure conference rooms are set-up correctly before each meeting
- Making copies for the office as needed
- Liaising with building manager in relation to facilities issues and building security
- Liaising with suppliers in relation to cleaning services, office and kitchen supplies, etc.
- Provide administrative support to fee earners; filing, diary management, travel arrangements and general administration without supervision and with a proactive approach. Ability to prioritise work effectively across a number of fee earners is essential
- Produce high quality documents on MS Word, PowerPoint and Excel to support legal secretaries and provide cover in their absence as required by fee earners
HR & Recruitment
- Shortlist all incoming applicants and process interviews and rejections
- Manage internal applicant database
- Prepare and publish job adverts, liaising with recruitment agencies as necessary
- Coordinate and schedule interviews
- Draft contracts
- Update HR database with new employee information for London, Brussels and Hong Kong offices, maintaining as necessary
- Coordinate induction for new joiners
- Assist with employee secondments and office relocations
- Organise Brussels bar registration / deregistration for all lawyers
- Assist with work and residence permit applications
- Handle and process all invoices
- Ensure all invoices and expenses claims are posted onto the accounts payable module and passed on to London for payment
- Reconcile expenses and manage petty cash
- Assist with budgeting
- Assist in coordinating client events as well as smaller events such as the Christmas party
- Set up IT equipment for new starters
- Monitor IT systems, ensuring they are working correctly and liaising with the London IT team / local IT support company as necessary, including initiating video conferences.
Duties and responsibilities may be reviewed periodically to reflect changes in personnel and management structure, staff location or services provided.
Skills and Experience Required Languages:
fluent English, proficient French
Previous experience of general office administration in Belgium
The candidate must have an existing right to work as an employee in Belgium. Candidates who do not hold an EEA citizenship should only apply if they already hold a Belgian immigration status which allows them to be employed in Belgium on a permanent employment contract, and should explain their immigration status clearly in their application.
How to apply:
Please send a formal covering letter in English of no longer than one page highlighting why you believe you are suitable for this role. Please clearly state your date of availability in your covering letter. Along with your covering letter, please include a CV in English.
Date posted: 4 May 2016
Closing date: 22 May 2016. Early applications are welcome. Interviews will commence with suitable candidates as soon as possible.
Source: EurActiv JobSite