Engineering Lecturer Opportunities
Salary: Unqualified Lecturer: £20,155-£29,037 per annum pro rata: Qualified Lecturer: £23,178-£33,340 per annum pro rata
Hours of Work: Full and Part Time
Closes on: Wednesday 31 August 2016
Due to the expansion of provision at our Engineering and Manufacturing Centre of Excellence CEMAST, we are looking to hear from passionate, experienced Engineers who have an unbridled enthusiasm for their subject ready for the new academic year – September 2016.
Based at the College’s recently built £12 million CEMAST Centre in Lee-on-the-Solent which comprises state of the art engineering workshops, teaching classrooms, a learning resource centre, reception and associated facilities, the successful candidates will be a member of a team of over 40 academic and business support staff specialising in engineering and manufacturing.
Our Engineering department delivers a range of subjects in manufacturing, Mechanical, electrical/electronic, marine, aeronautical, and motor vehicle/motor sport. As a lecturer you will encompass a number of roles including: course leadership, classroom and workshop teaching, assessment of student work and acting as a personal tutor for students.
The successful candidates will have:
- a relevant degree and/or appropriate level professional qualifications,
- experience in the engineering/manufacturing disciplines,
- a teaching qualification or a commitment to achieving this within the required timescale with the full support of the college,
- the ability to teach required engineering subjects from level 1 up to level 3 in a variety of engineering disciplines, predominantly classroom based,
- the ability to teach all practical and theoretical aspects of these courses/qualifications,
- the ability to plan and co-ordinate a range of qualifications.
If you are an experienced professional looking to share your extensive knowledge with the engineers of tomorrow in a rewarding and exciting learning environment we would love to hear from you.
Benefits package: 50 days holiday exclusive of bank holidays, Teachers Pension scheme, staff development opportunities, Starbucks Café onsite, Staff recognition scheme, Employee Recommendation Incentive and access to many more benefits.
Successful applicants will be subject to a DBS check.
Please apply and we shall contact you via email.
Source: Telegraph.co.uk Jobs