Garment Factory Operations Supervisor Job at HRBP Solutions, Kenya
We are currently recruiting for our client a leading clothing manufacturing company in Tanzania.
We are looking for a Kenyan national with experience in clothing manufacturing to manage the operations of the factory end to end.
Garment Factory Operations Supervisor Job Description
Accountability And Responsibility:
- The holder will be responsible for the overall day to day operational supervision of the factory. He / She will supervise the customer orders (job sheet), work program (job scheduling), actual production (from cutting through to finishing) on a daily basis, by supervising tailor staff, cutting staff, finishing and ironing staff. We expect the supervisor to lead by example and demonstrate in a practical way where improvements in speed and quality are needed. The factory makes shirts, shorts, trousers, skirts, suits and dresses.
- Also chef and waiter uniforms as well as factory / outdoor uniforms.
Required Skills for Garment Factory Operations Supervisor Job
- People supervision: We expect the job holder to have experience is managing people including performing appraisals and assigning tasks. To also be able to develop staff
- Cost supervision: It is expected that the job holder will have basic understanding in managing cost associated with the operations of the factory and this includes ensuring all fabrics and sewing notions are used efficiently with no waste
- Occupational Health and Safety: The job holder will enforce the company OH&S policy.
Equipment and machines: the job holder will ensure that the machines are operated within the requirements of their technical specifications and they are checked on a regular basis on matters such as oil. The job holder should ensure machine maintenance regime is followed including ensuring they are cleaned by operators at the end of each day
- Garment making: we expect the job holder to have skills in sewing, cutting and finishing so that she/he can supervise the factory across all areas. He / she will have at least 10 years of industry experience with at least 3 of those in a factory production environment.
Patterns: the job holder must understand how to work with patterns to the extent that all garments that are standard products will be made using standard patterns. The job holder will be responsible for establishing and managing a library of patterns as a part of her/his work.
- Measuring: This will be done where customised work is required and it is expected that the job holder will have skills in ensuring this part is done correctly by his / her staff.
- Quality control: the job holder must have experience in checking to a detail level all garments before they leave the factory. He / she will be expected to institute a quality control process and ensure it is adhered to.
- Operational procedures: the job holder will have experience / knowledge across a range of areas needed to run the factory efficiently. That must include sizing of garments. The job holder will be expected to put together a complete set of procedures (procedure manual) and all key measures such as sizing (standard sizing across the different garment types), fabric yardage, quality control procedures, needle usage (for fabric weight) and others.
- Record keeping: As a part of day to day business, the job holder is expected to keep records of daily production activity by individual staff, inputs used and work completed.
- Work supervision (daily): we expect the job holder to keep the factory working efficiently and to ensure every staff is working effectively. This will require direct management of staff from cutting, sewing, finishing (including ironing)
If you are up to the challenge, posses the necessary qualification and experience, please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject to firstname.lastname@example.org before 10th MAY 2016
Indicate your current salary and notice period.
Source: Career Point Kenya