A senior level role combining Internal Audit and Risk Management and Assurance with Persimmon, the leading UK house-builder.
Building around 14,000 beautifully designed new homes a year in 400 attractive locations nationwide, Persimmon is one of the UK’s leading house builders, committed to the highest standards of design, construction and service. We believe our quality really differentiates us from the competition. In fact, our reputation is built on quality.
As Group Internal Audit and Risk Manager reporting to our Group Finance Director, managing a small, specialist team within our Finance Department, your key objective will be to plan and deliver the department’s core internal audit work programme, in addition to defining and delivering the group risk management assurance and corporate governance strategy. Leading risk-based projects across the group, you’ll work closely with group and subsidiary management to establish and maintain effective processes and controls to manage business risks. You’ll also prepare audit project reports and documentation and present bi-monthly to the Risk and Audit Committees of the Main Board. Other key accountabilities of the Group Internal Audit and Risk Manager include:
• managing the Internal Audit and Risk team and supporting their development
• IT data interrogation reviews across business areas
• ongoing improvement of the company’s risk register
• managing the group’s whistle-blowing policy and provision.
You will be professionally qualified (ACA/ACCA/CIMA/CIA) and have a proven track record of internal audit/risk management experience at senior level. Experienced in managing a team, you have robust commercial acumen, underpinned by a highly professional approach and the strong all-round communication skills to operate at senior level. Able to operate under your own initiative and to ensure risk projects are completed and reported promptly, as Group Internal Audit and Risk Manager, you can also offer:
• the willingness to spend up to a quarter of your time travelling to Group Operating Companies across the UK, involving up to 40-50 overnight stays per annum
• a genuine approach to teamwork and to providing support and guidance to your team members
• a real grasp of how value is delivered from the Internal Audit/Risk Management function.
The salary will reflect your experience and the benefits package is very comprehensive, including car/allowance, pension, life assurance and healthcare.
Group Internal Audit and Risk Manager job reference number: OLR10866
If this describes you and your career aspirations, to apply for this role, please click on the APPLY button below.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/JobSeeking/Group-Internal-Audit-and-Risk-Manager_job65382010
Source: Telegraph.co.uk Jobs