Quality Assurance Officer Job at Great Lakes University of Kisumu
Great Lakes University of Kisumu is a private chartered university offering degree programs in various disciplines including Health Sciences, Community Health Programs, Humanity and Agribusiness among others.
The University is looking for a highly motivated, qualified, experienced and reputable team player to fill in the under listed positions:
Quality Assurance Officer Job Responsibilities
- To formulate policies, strategies, systems, procedures and practices for the University’s academic quality assurance and improvement;
- To promote the culture of academic quality within the university through assisting the University Quality Assurance Committee in developing and fostering a quality culture;
- To ensure effectiveness of academic advising and course registration through feedback from students, follow up on teaching performance and effectiveness, smooth administration of examinations, advise the management on how the system is performing in regards to quality, and suggesting improvement strategies;
- To analyze student evaluation data and generate reports for both quality assurance and management purposes;
- To advise on program and course approval and development in compliance with the Commission for University Education (CUE) Standards and Guidelines for Quality Assurance in Universities in Kenya;
- To develop and review quality assurance Standard Operating Procedures;
- To receive and analyze reports submitted by various committees for strategic university decision-making;
- To coordinate the preparation of annual reports for internal and external Stakeholders;
- To monitor national and international developments in Quality Assurance and advise the Management Board and the University Council;
Qualifications for Quality Assurance Officer Job
The successful candidate should have /be:
- A Masters degree in Business Studies / Management, Social Sciences from a recognized University.
- Relevant work experience is highly desirable
- Have good numerical skills and an understanding of statistics.
- Quality inspection, auditing and testing experience
- knowledge of tools, concepts and methodologies of Quality Assurance
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office and databases
- Masters degree in a related field will be an added advantage.
All applications for this position should clearly be marked “Application for the position of Quality Assurance Officer.”
Applications should be addressed to
The Vice Chancellor,
Great Lakes University of Kisumu, Main Campus, Off Miwani Road,
P.O. Box 2224-40100
Or send an electronic copy in PDF format by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications must be submitted on or before 9th May 2016
Source: Career Point Kenya