Regional Finance Manager – Roving Job at Save The Children, Kenya
Save the Children Eastern and Southern Africa Regional Office is looking to recruit for the following position:
Job Title: Regional Finance Manager – Roving
Team / Programme: East Africa Regional Team (Regional Finance)
Location: East Africa Regional Office – Nairobi or other SCI East Africa country office ( internal applicants only)
Post Type: National
Child Safeguarding: Level 3 – the responsibilities of the post may require the post holder to have regular contact with or access to children or young people
Regional Finance Manager Role Purpose:
- As a member of the regional finance team, the Roving Finance Manager will assume country office or regional finance roles for temporary periods to cover resourcing gaps and ensure adequate financial management is maintained to ensure results are achieved.
This will include the line management of any appropriate finance and awards staff within the remit of the posting, identifying any capacity gaps and proposing appropriate solutions.
- The role holder will also act as a champion for Save the Children International (SCI) financial policies, standards and procedures, coaching and mentoring staff and colleagues to ensure a thorough and complete understanding is maintained.
- In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal job description and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
Key Areas of Accountability:
- agree a terms of reference with the relevant country finance director (and Regional Finance) before a visit and regularly discuss progress with them, adjusting the ToR as required
- support financial management of country and management of finance staff, and being accountable for the achievement of results
- Support country office to ensure SCI financial policies, standards and procedures are implemented and all timeframes are adhered to (e.g. month-end, cash request etc.)
- work with the country finance director to identify areas for improvement in individual and team performance and devise with them an action plan to address these areas
- provide a comprehensive handover (including priorities, agreed actions, and the timeline for completion)
- provide an end of visit report detailing: outcomes against the ToR, issues encountered, areas for follow up, capacity gaps and training needs identified
- be an expert and lead in all relevant SCI financial management policies, standards, procedures and guidelines
- maintain up to date knowledge on all relevant SCI award financial management policies, standards, procedures and guidelines
- continually review and suggest solutions on any systems, policies, standards, guidance and procedural development requirements identified and
- assist in their development (liaising with the Head of Finance Controls and Compliance)
Skills and Behaviours (our Values in Practice)
- Holds self accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
- Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities – giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved
- Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages their team to do the same
- Widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
- Future orientated, thinks strategically and on a global scale
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to; builds and maintains effective relationships with colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters
- Values diversity and different people’s perspectives, able to work cross-culturally
- Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- Cuts away bureaucracy and encourages an entrepreneurial approach
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency, builds trust and confidence
- Displays consistent excellent judgement
Qualifications and Experience for Regional Finance Manager Job
- Accounting or commercial degree and relevant full professional qualifications (CPA/CA/ACCA)
- Minimum of 3 years similar progressive work experience in financial management. Not-for-profit experience an advantage.
- An unquestionably high level of integrity and ethics.
demonstrable ability to adapt to challenging working environments within a developing country context
- demonstrated experience in identifying issues in financial management, applying sustainable solutions, and supporting teams to achieve results
- proven experience in training and capacity building of staff and teams, including coaching and mentoring staff
- knowledge and use of financial software packages
- willing to undertake travel for approximately 70% of the time (deployments of up to 3 months at a time)
- ability to adapt quickly to a new environment and achieve results with multiple priorities and deadlines
- strong results orientation, with the ability to challenge existing mind-sets
- highly developed cultural awareness and ability to work well in an international environment with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures
- demonstrated ability of working with a range of stakeholders
- commitment to Save the Children values
How to Apply
Please send a copy of your CV with a cover letter to EA.firstname.lastname@example.org. Application closes 16th May 2016 at 5:00pm.
Source: Career Point Kenya