Programme Manager: Core IT (PM, IT Programme Manager)
Main Purpose of the Job
• To manage end to end IT delivery and the relationship with Directors and senior business managers, in one or more business technology programmes on behalf of the Head of IT for Core.
Key Accountabilities of the Programme Manager (PM, IT Programme Manager)
• Management of IT team to deliver business value
• Setting and agreeing the programme objectives and deliverables to support the programme or department strategic goals and objectives objectives.
• Stakeholder management within business area
• Line management and coaching of allocated project managers and business analysts
• Management and reporting of programme budgets, plans and progress in line with RI standards.
• Annual portfolio planning
• Resource management
• Input into demand management processes
Key Responsibilities of the Programme Manager (PM, IT Programme Manager)
• Overall responsibility for the leadership, planning and delivery of allocated business technology programmes.
• Work with Directors/ business stakeholders, finance and PMO to produce programme justification and business case documentation.
• Calculate, agree, get approval for and manage programme budgets.
• Create, consult and agree programme plans with all the relevant stakeholders and PMO
• Identify and negotiate with resource managers for resources to fulfil roles at key programme and project stages.
• Agree and set rules for standards behaviours, methods of working together and sharing skills and information at the programme initiation.
• Monitor and update programme plans regularly, managing all activities, scheduling, resources, and dependencies
• Manage programme risks, issues, budgets and change processes, agreeing scope with the Programme/ project steering board(s), analysing the impact of the change, and agreeing and taking appropriate action.
• Optimise programme delivery by continually looking for and evaluating improvements to the programme plan and then agreeing with the steering board(s) and programme/ project teams the implementation of these improvements.
• Supports the Head of IT Core with the creation and management of the programme portfoli
Reporting Line: Head of Core IT
• Line manage a team of people (at PM level) in the programme area
• Work within a matrix team
Qualifications, Experience and Skills required for the Programme Manager (PM, IT Programme Manager)
• Bachelor’s Degree or the equivalent
• Minimum 8 years of previous related work experience
• Background in retail IT or IT related retail business activity
• Ability to demonstrate stakeholder management and effective communication skills
• Has worked in a fashion retail environment
• Experience with multiple retail business and customer channels
• Proven track record as a Programme Manager delivering organisational, technical or service change
• At least one previous full life cycle experiences of successfully managing projects with methodologies equivalent to PRINCE 2, MSP or PMP
• Demonstrable experience of effectively managing multiple, robust stakeholder relationships, liaising between technical, business and senior management stakeholders and decision–makers
• Experience of managing programme and project budgets of varying sizes
• Proven presentation and negotiation skills
• Demonstrable verbal and written communication skills
• Demonstrable analytical skills
• Knowledge of and experience of applying process improvement techniques
• Experience of managing a team of internal, third party suppliers and remote resources
• Knowledge of Microsoft Project; Gant charts, resource profiles, and link plans for complex, multi–resourced projects
• Waterfall and Agile Methodology experience
• Familiarity with one or more retail channel applications or systems
• Understanding of cloud computing and its role in corporate IT
Technical skill sets (Desirable)
• Oracle retail & E–Business suite, EPOS, Payment, supply chain and buying/ merchandising systems
Attitudes and behaviours:
• Treats team members with consideration and respect
• Demonstrates a flexible and collaborative approach
• Sets high personal standards
• Builds positive and constructive relationships with colleagues
• Proactive and considered approach
• Demonstrates energy and resourcefulness in addressing business needs and requirements
• Focuses on delivering best possible outcome and value for River Island and for the customer
• Takes personal responsibility for team and departmental success
• Takes a positive and responsive approach to identifying, raising and resolving risks and issues
To apply for the Programme Manager (PM, IT Programme Manager) role please click ‘Apply now’.
Key skills: Programme Manager, PM, IT Programme Manager
Source: Telegraph.co.uk Jobs