Head Of Sales –Fertilizer Job at HRBP Solitions, Kenya
We are currently recruiting in Kenya for our client a pharmaceutical company ,
The Head of Sales –Fertilizer Position is accountable for the entire sales process, including the consistent profitability of the division, collection of sales proceeds.
Head Of Sales Job Principal Accountabilities:
- Maintain a department organizational structure sufficient to meet all goals and objectives
- Developing sales strategies and setting targets
- Properly motivate the sales team under him
- Measure department performance with appropriate metrics
- Provide for ongoing training of the sales team
- Manage relations with other departments such as Product development , Finance and production
- Execute annual plans for the Organizations Product range including value, volume and margin targets.
- To forge profitable relationships with potential clients, and ensure the ambitious growth targets of the company are met
- To offer technical support to farmers by using optimum quantity of fertilizers
- Work with the Product Development Manager to find and successfully implement new varieties of fertilizers to keep ahead of the industry.
- To be the central resource for agronomic issues for all the fertilizers,work closely with the key clients to build upon existing relationships such as the NCP, research institution and other government agencies
- Identify new business and product testing opportunities
- Develop channel and market strategies for area distribution encompassing outlet coverage, availability and visibility.
- Implement and administer sales systems, reporting, distributor policies, stock norms, application of credit and discounts, billing and collections.
- Develop Sales promotion plans for delivering sales volumes
- Analyze sales outlet performance at regular intervals to initiate corrective action.
- Ensure periodic meetings at customer outlets to calibrate customer expectations, understand competitor plans in order to proactively counter competitive action
Desired Qualifications for Head Of Sales Job
- 4+ years of extensive prior experience within Fertilizer industry in Kenya
- Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture, Agronomy as a specialization is preferred.
- Other B.Sc. degree with proven experience in fertilizer sales will be considered
- Good communication and interpersonal Skills
- Outstanding sales figures, with a proven track record of sustained growth and relationship building
- Have considerable experience with customer negotiations.
- Ability to establish and maintain good client relationships, both internally and externally at all levels
- Willingness to travel extensively in the country and in the region.
- Demonstrate a great leadership with team management skill, handling Sales teams and large geographical areas.
- Substantial transferable contacts within the industry both with the private sector and governments ( National /county)
- Ability to appoint new Distributors as per company policies and requirements
- Competence in Microsoft Office products
If you are up to the challenge, posses the necessary qualification and experience, please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject to email@example.com before 10th MAY 2016
If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your profile will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions. indicate your current /expected salary and notice period .
Source: Career Point Kenya