Teachers Service Commission
Vacancy for Headteachers for Primary Schools in Nairobi County
The Teachers Service Commission is a Constitutional commission established Under Article 237 of the Constitution.
Pursuant to its mandate, the Commission is advertising for ten (10) positions for Senior Headteachers for Primary Schools in Nairobi County due to become vacant.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
- Be a Kenyan Citizen;
- Be in possession of P1 Certificate and Bachelor of Education Degree (B.ED)
- Should be at job group ‘M’ and above;
- Be an effective classroom teacher;
- Have a minimum of 10 years’ experience as a Headteacher;
- Proven track record of performance as a Head teacher in at least 2 streamed primary school.
- Must have maintained a clean record of service;
- Must satisfy the requirements of Chapter Six (6) of the Constitution;
- Be Computer Literate.
NB: Masters Degree and/ Management Course will be an added advantage.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage and implement institutional curriculum;
- Administer teaching functions in the institution including the evaluation of curriculum delivery;
- Be responsible for education policy and professional practice at the institutional level including maintenance of the teaching standards.
- Be responsible for school Procurement processes and custodian of the records of the institution.
- Be Secretary to the Board of Management (BOM) and ensure execution of the decision of the BOM and diligent utilization of institutional resources;
- Be responsible for resource mobilization, project planning administration and management of human resource;
- Ensure maintenance of high standards of discipline by both staff and pupils
- Ensure compliance with statutory requirements and other relevant laws related to employment;
- Be responsible for the establishment and maintenance of a safe and conducive environment for learners.
- Be conversant with relevant articles in the Constitution including Articles 6(3), 10, 47(2 and 2), 201, 232(1 and 2), and other laws and regulations that relate to Education.
Applications should be received not later than 7th October, 2015.
Nancy Njeri Macharia, OGW
Source: Daily Job in Kenya