The Center for Data Innovation, a Washington, DC-based non-profit, non-partisan public policy think tank, is recruiting a senior policy analyst to join its team as a full-time consultant to focus on European data policy issues. The position will be based in Brussels.
The ideal applicant should be an excellent writer who is able to produce high-quality content quickly and on deadline. The applicant should have a deep understanding of current trends in the use of data and analytics in the public and private sectors, and be well-versed on technologies related to data, such as the Internet of Things and cloud computing. In addition, the analyst should have a clearly demonstrated interest in the intersection of public policy, the economy, and information and communications technology (ICT), and a firm grasp of policy within the European Union. This is a one-year contract subject to renewal based on available funding.
- Write a series of reports, articles, op-eds, and government filings focused on European policy issues affecting data-driven innovation, including privacy, security, data localization, data analytics, open data, smart cities, the Internet of Things, and the economics of data.
- Continue the Center’s successful series of interviews “5 Questions with a Data Innovator” to highlight different stories from Europe about how data innovation is changing government and industry.
- Provide input to policy makers in Europe as they develop data innovation strategies and other related policies.
- Engage directly with European policy makers, thought leaders, media, and other key influencers about best practices and lessons learned about data-driven innovation and policies from around the world.
- Organize and speak at conferences, panel discussions, debates, and other policy events.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key stakeholders, and raise the social media profile for the Center among European policy makers, thought leaders, media, and other key stakeholders involved in data policy.
- Relevant professional experience with a clear track record of success analyzing public policy issues and advocating for legislative or regulatory solutions
- Demonstrated experience and interest in the intersection of policy and ICT, specifically in policies supporting the expansion of data use and innovation in Europe.
- Superior communication skills, both oral and written, with a proven record of writing crisp, clear, and persuasive white papers, op-ed articles, blog posts, and other materials for an audience of policy makers
- Excellent research, analytical, and organizational skills
- Highly proactive and flexible, with an ability to work on multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to network and build relationships with outside organizations
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications including Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint required
- A master’s degree in public policy, economics, political science, law, journalism, statistics, information science, or a related field
How to Apply
Applications for this position should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org. All applications should include:
- Cover letter
- Writing sample (3-5 pages)
Applications will be considered until the position is filled. (Last updated April 28, 2016).
239 total views, 45 today
Apply for this Job
Source: JournaJobs – Journalism Jobs