Kony Inc. seeking Senior Technical Writer to join the fastest growing cloud-based mobile application development platform (MADP) in the industry with over 600 live multi-channel apps, serving over 20 million end users across 45 countries, and generating over 1 billion sessions. With Kony, you can deliver stunning user-first experiences, get to market faster and lower your application TCO.
We offer an integrated software development lifecycle (SDLC) platform to define, design, develop, test, deploy and manage multi-channel applications from a single code base. Kony also offers a suite of more than 30 ready-to-run B2E and B2C apps that enable customers to quickly extend their business
Senior Technical Writer Roles and responsibilities
- Understand the software development lifecycle at Kony and contribute to finding ways to improve the development and deployment cycles of documentation.
- Thoroughly understand the technical solutions we build and the documentation content that introduce, explain and troubleshoot our software.
- Understand the audiences for our documentation and be acutely aware of the important contribution technical documentation adds to a successful user experience.
- Treat documentation as a Kony product.
- Possess a natural curiosity about how things work, and be at ease working closely with the engineering teams.
- Have a genuine passion for mobile technology and a strong drive to explain complex technical subjects in comfortable, easy-to-read language.
- Work proactively in addressing your documentation workflows, deliverables and deadlines.
- Set a professional example for documentation team members and the Kony technical staff.
- Be a mentor to more junior members of the writing team.
- Live by the Microsoft Manual of Style.
- 7 to 10 years of experience in authoring configuration guides, release notes, command reference guides, installation guides, and user guides. Know how to accurately estimate your work and how to create working outlines.
- Experience in using MadCap authoring tools: specifically, expert use of MadCap Flare.
- You should have experience creating large, advanced Flare projects and building primarily HTML5 and PDF targets.
- Expert experience using Adobe RoboHelp may be substituted for Flare experience.
- Comfortable using SnagIt or MadCap Capture to grab screen captures and annotate graphic files. A working knowledge of Adobe Photoshop or Photoshop Elements or a similar graphics editing application would be beneficial.
- Expert knowledge of using Microsoft Office in a documentation environment.
- Comfortable documenting installation instructions: including using a virtual machine environment to load an operating system; and following and documenting each step of a complex software installation.
Comfortable using Adobe Acrobat Professional to create and edit PDF files.
- An understanding of database management systems, including MS SQL Server and MySQL, and the principles of data-driven client-server applications.
- Working knowledge of SQL statements is beneficial.
- Working knowledge of Red Hat Linux is beneficial.
- Working knowledge of HTML and XML, and an understanding of Java, J2EE, and Client Server concepts are beneficial.
Senior Technical Writer Desired profile
- 7 to 10 years of technical writing work experience
- Engineering or Technical degrees preferred (BE/B.Tech/ME/M.Tech/M.Sc/MCA)
- Preferred would be 1-month notice at the current organisation
- Ability to achieve goals and resolve issues
- Possess technical knowledge, industry knowledge, champion improvements, think globally and work seamlessly with geographically dispersed teams.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
How to apply: Interested and qualified candidates should visit the application website for more details