“Experienced, with excellent people skills”
War Child Holland’s programme in South Sudan
War Child Holland has been working in what is now South Sudan since 1998. The programme has been focused on the consequences of decades of conflict and its purpose is to ensure that children, youth, communities and government are able to promote awareness on child rights, protect children from abuse, exploitation and all forms of violation of their rights. War Child Holland in South Sudan has its country office in the capital Juba and field offices in Bor and Torit.
You are responsible for the realisation of War Child’s country programme. The country strategy has been reviewed in 2015 and needs to be finalised in 2016. As the Country Director you will set up structures and systems to lead the transition to the new strategy.
The current conflict in the country, sudden changes in the context, accessibility in rainy season make working in South Sudan very challenging.
War Child’s country programme in South Sudan has been growing and consists of projects funded by a range of donors and is carried out in collaboration with different partners. As the Country Director you will be responsible for building strategic partnerships.
You also have the final and overall responsibility for Finance Management, Logistics Management, Human Resources Management and management of staff.
• A seasoned and inspiring leader
• At least 15 years relevant experience in an international/humanitarian context of which 8 years in a senior management position (e.g. as Representative or Country director) with:
• Experience in security management and context analyses.
• Relevant academic background e.g. psychology, pedagogy, community development, social sciences, international relations.
• Experience in working with local partners and preferably in our field of expertise
• Experience in financial management (including management of multiple grants);
• Strong problem solving and social skills;
• Proven affinity with War Child’s mandate.
• A challenging job, within an inspiring and motivated team of people and the backup of a strong and professional organisation in The Netherlands
• A fair salary and comprehensive secondary benefits that includes free housing, good insurances (including health, travel and disability) and opportunities to develop and learn professionally.
Job Location: Juba, Republic of South Sudan
Contract: At least 2 years in this position, starting with a 1 year contract with the intention to prolong
Starting date: As soon as possible
Your team: The Country Director directly manages the Finance and Human Resources Manager, Programme Development Manager, Logistics & Security Manage the Field Location Managers of Torit and Bor.
South Sudan is a non-family duty station. The expatriate is not allowed to bring children. The expatriate can bring a partner under the condition that he/she is employed or will be employed by a humanitarian organization.
Source: ReliefWeb Jobs