The Telegraph Media Group is currently recruiting for a Telegraph Connect – Head of Content (Business). To lead, manage and create the editorial content for TMG’s new b2b digital communities in the Business Sector – working with multiple teams to ensure all content is market-leading, maintains the highest editorial standards and is optimised to deliver the required audience to meet/exceed the needs of our sector communities and clients.
Key job responsibilities.
- Lead community journalism and understanding social media
- Ensure team can string out a story to get the click; taking an editorial angle to the limit
- Spot success and proactivity in feeding back to the team to improve commissioning, creation and curation of content
- Understanding / negotiating editorial and commercial needs and successfully marrying the two
- Deal with constant demands from multiple teams
- Confidence to be an ambassador for Telegraph Professional in editorial
- Be a voice for Telegraph Professional with the sector; attending events, chairing roundtables and meeting with senior sector leaders
- Communicate editorial ideas and vision to clients
Specific requirements / skills.
- Strong b2b background with experience of growing audiences and communities in clear sector areas
- Digital native that understands how social media can support content on and off platform
- Ability to build networks of contributors and experts within a b2b sector
- Experience of (or at least a strong understanding of what’s needed in) creating a new editorial product/service from scratch
- Solid understanding of SEO both on-site and off-site.
- Ability to use data to optimise headlines
- Experience of liaising/working with sponsors/clients on editorial or commercial projects
- Experience of chairing events (roundtables/seminars)
- Experience of facilitating online discussions, debates, possibly webinars
- Peerless multi-tasking, organisational and management skills
- Highest standards of editing, writing and commissioning – particularly with regard to online content
- Experience of managing a team of journalists.
- Experience of working in both digital editorial environments
Source: Telegraph.co.uk Jobs