We’re inventing the future, right here, right now, at Thales. By combining the curiosity to explore, the intelligence to question and the vision to create, we’re transforming the world around us.
Working out of our newly built, super site in Crawley, West Sussex, this role sits within our Thales Training and Simulation business that provides cutting edge, market leading simulation technologies to help train professionals to a proficient level of usage in land based and avionic technologies.
The purpose of this role is to design, develop and maintain Flight Simulators and Training aids to support the delivery of Thales Training and Simulation customer projects from a System engineering perspective. This role allows you to work across the whole engineering lifecycle for new developments, supporting existing Thales solutions or supporting the design and development of applications and bespoke tools.
• Understanding customer requirements and breaking down to lower level equipment requirements
• Determining system design aspects such interfaces between equipment
• Creating test procedures and conducting tests
• Creating traceability data back to top level requirements
• Producing user manuals
Desired skills, qualifications and experience
• You will be studying for a degree in a relevant engineering discipline, i.e. software engineering, computer science, systems engineering etc.
• You will have an analytical approach, a desire for complex problem solving and strong written and oral communication skills
• You will ideally have one or more of the following skills:
• Software Development
• Hardware Development
• Requirement Specification
• Requirement Design
• Product Testing.
• Good personal management skills to enable the development and production of advanced solutions to agreed budget, schedule and quality criteria.
• A creative and analytical attitude that allows for effective troubleshooting and fault finding is highly desirable.
Please note that GDP activities take place during the working week but may require the investment of some personal time for travel and follow up activities. You may have the opportunity to travel to Thales and non–Thales sites throughout the UK when participating in Graduate Development Programme activities.
In line with Thales’ Baseline Security requirements, candidates will be asked to provide evidence of identity, eligibility to work in the UK and employment and/or education history for up to three years. Some vacancies may require full Security Clearance which can require further evidence to be provided. For further details of the evidence required to apply for Baseline and Security Clearance please refer to the Defence Business Services National Security Vetting (DBS NSV) Agency.
Source: Telegraph.co.uk Jobs